cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Chat with Sameer Yadav, Manager - Trust & Safety Operations

Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Message from Sameer Yadav, Manager -Trust & Safety Operations

Dear Community Members,

I am Sameer Yadav, Manager for Trust & Safety Operations for eBay India. Under this role, my team is responsible for Trust and Safety operations and support.

We have made two significant enhancements to our phone support offering the facility to seller to call and also the team reaching out to sellers when listing policy violation is noticed.

1.Inbound toll free phone support - The T&S team is now a call away to address your questions concerns related to feedback, site policies, activity limits or account restrictions. We recognize your need to be able to speak with T&S team directly and this service initiative will help you discuss and get quick resolution & guidance on T&S.

2.TnS calls on listing policy violations - Understanding site policies is critical to the sellers business. To help sellers improve understanding of policies we have started calling sellers to explain violations for the listed items. This process will help sellers to better understand the policy, seek clarification during the call and the chance to correct their listings that minimize listing violations done due to lack of knowledge. This process has already been initiated for few policies and we are working to cover most of our policies.

I will be present on the Community Boards for an Open House Session on 8th June 2011, 4-5 PM.

I will encourage you to post your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this thread. I am looking forward towards this meeting and I hope to gather lot of useful feedback from you.

See you on 8th for Open house discussion!

Regards,
Sameer Yadav
Manager – Trust & Safety Operations
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Thank you for making this kind of new changes to ebay.in

As a member of ebay i have few suggestions for Trust & Safety

1,WE are also a part of ebay and for all members protection and security and for genuine trade practices ebay have Deployed Trust & Safety Teams. But as per my Experience there are representatives of the T&S Teams who are treating members as Suspects / Culprits

2,Some times the T&S Teams take Action as they like they dont even care who's mistake is this i.e if it is buyers mistake or sellers mistake.They will put all the burden in the head of sellers

3,Some buyers have 2 or more A/c and they purchase items by using coupons,and doing so many things like that,But there is T&S Teams.The Result will be that the T&S team will take Disciplinary Action Against the seller who sold it,They assume that the seller is behind this kind of A/c and Doing This kind of transaction For feedbacks etc

4,We want a T & S Team to be for our Protection and for correct Trade Practices.I Request T & S teams keep the Correct Concept of the T & S Team

5,When i Contacted the customer care and asked them how to ship the items in Internet & Services category They told i have to contact T & S Team.I have sent a mail to T & S Teams. But i have not got any Reply. Please suggest the correct way

6,I also want to suggest that the present service is nice but,it will be user friendly if you create a portal like "Community Court" for Appealing and taking necessary actions which is required for facing the Action

Thank you so much for arranging this meeting

Jaywebs
Ajay.R Kamath
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

allindiadelivery
Community Member
I want to know on what stage you give restriction & next what stage you give suspension

How many - DSR requre for Restriction

&

How Many More - star we get from Buyer & we get suspension

If this clear Picture you give then we able to develop your business so pl give clearly answer with data

Please do not give round answer so again we come on same place

Most Important of my question how many total unsatisfied buyer can restrict me & next stage suspend me
Message 22 of 65
latest reply

koshalfinishing
Community Member
HI Sameer,

my ebay id is elegantcharmsuk
i am deposit my payment thru cheque on 31 may 2011 but still my id is in payment hold.
kindly look into this matter and do the needful done. Thank You

Cheque detail 663252

Bank name:- induslnd bank

Date 31 may 2011

ebay id:-- elegantcharmsuk
Message 23 of 65
latest reply

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be on the boards with you all. Looking forward to an interactive session.

Regards,
Sameer Yadav
eBay India
Message 24 of 65
latest reply

Dear koshalfinishing,

We suggest our sellers to dispatch the payments of their invoice at least 5-6 days before the due date to avoid any action on the account.

I’ve asked my team to check on the status of your cheque and we would get back to you with an update.

Regards,
Sameer
Message 25 of 65
latest reply

Dear Devesh,

Firstly thank you for sharing your concern. As per Below Standard Policy, an account will be Below Standard for a particular DSR Criterion for which it has received many low DSRs. Following are the Below Standard Criterions.

Low DSR Rate/Count

-Item as Described: >1.2% and >4
-Communication: >2.4% and >4
-Handling Time:>2.4% and >4
-Ship Cost: >2.4% and >4

From the total feedbacks received during that review period, if an account receives low DSRs (i.e. 1 or 2) for >1.2% of the feedbacks received and the count of such feedbacks is more than 4, then that account will be Below Standard for Item not as described. For the remaining DSR criterions i.e. Communication, Shipping time and Shipping and Handling Cost., if the percentage of feedbacks with low DSR is >2.4% and count of such feedbacks is more than 4, account will be below standard.

As per your example, if an account received 3 low DSRs from the total of 100 feedbacks, its DSR rate will be 3% and the low DSR count will be 3. This account will not be Below Standard as even though its Low DSR rate is more than 2.4% but the other conditions of DSR count of 4 is not met.

I hope this will give you more clarity regarding the Below Standard policy. I would like to assure you that we have all our checks in place to avoid any unnecessary action on member’s account.

Regards
Sameer
Message 26 of 65
latest reply

Dear jasmine_collections,

Thanks you for sharing your concerns. In your post you have asked 4 questions. Let me answer them 1 by 1.

Please refer to my reply to Mr Devesh for your concerns regarding Below Standard. If you still have any concerns, feel free to write back.

As per our policy sellers are supposed to ship their items with in the shipping time lines. If a seller ships the item within eBay’s shipping time lines and receives a negative feedback due to buyer’s high expectations, eBay will protect such sellers by removing the feedback. But if a seller has committed to the buyer that he will deliver the product in particular number of days (which is less then eBay’s shipping timelines) and seller fails to deliver, such feedbacks will not be removed. If you have received any unfair feedback due to such reason, please feel free to contact our TnS live Chat, TnS phone Support or send an email to inrswebhelp@ebay.com and such feedbacks will be immediately removed.

For your concerns on miscategorization in the hard disk drive category, I would urge you to report such items by using the “Report this item” link on the listings page. You can also call our phone support to review such listings. In the meantime, I’ve also asked my team to review the listings in these categories.

We recognize your concern on the items that appear as “free shipping” listings. I take that as an input for further action.

Regards
Sameer
Message 27 of 65
latest reply

We had transferred the monthly eBay dues of Rs.9,286.95 online through our ICICI bank account on 2.6.2011 at 3:50 P.M. via transaction no. BIL*000229414789 but the same amount is still not reflected in our eBay account.

You are therefore requested to kindly check the same and do the needful to update our account accordingly.
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 28 of 65
latest reply

Dear mysalesoffer,

Thank you for sharing your concern. Providing insights and better understanding of policies is one of the important reasons for outcalling sellers. Unfortunately, Money Order is one of the unsafe payment method and any instances of listings offering the same is considered as sever violation.

Items ended by eBay by default go into Unsold section, where you can easily access them and relist them after correction are made.

Feel free to contact our T&S Team through Phones, Live Chat or Emails if you have additional questions on the policies.

Regards
Sameer
Message 29 of 65
latest reply

Dear Vineet,

eBay as a team always strives and works to provide a safe and easy trading platform to all our members. As an effort to achieve this goal we keep on reviewing our process and the feedbacks of the community members and make necessary process changes and take new initiative.

As a step in the same direction, and to provide quick resolution to member concerns, we have initiated TnS phone support.

Regards
Sameer
Message 30 of 65
latest reply