Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online Workshop on PaisaPay COD on Thursday 15 Jul 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Sellers,

We have recently announced PaisaPay COD - Another way for sellers to increase business and for buyers to buy safely on eBay - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007434

If you have any questions around PaisaPay COD, please feel free to post them on this thread. We will be available on this thread on Thursday, 15th July from 4 -5 PM to answer all your questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Biren & Arun
Message 1 of 157
latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Another question from mobile-phones-etc was regarding remittances.

As mentioned in the AB Post, Payments made by buyers will be consolidated, reconciled & sent by the courier company to PaisaPay. This process is expected to take about 15 days for most packages and about 30 days for a smaller portion of shipments.

PaisaPay will then release the payment to sellers in the next remittance cycle.
Message 31 of 157
latest reply

monas_indianheritage
Community Member
HELLO TO ALL,

COD IS GOOD, BUT WAT ABOUT LOW PRICES GARMENTS IF TOP IS OF 199 FREE SHIPPING THEN WE HAVE TO ADD 5% EXTRA FOR COD AND 4% FOR PAISA PAY? PLS EXPLAIN ,I WANT TO GIVE THIS COD THRU PAISA PAY FOR INDIAN MAREKT BUT I AM CONFUSED?:|

THANKS
MONA,S
Message 32 of 157
latest reply

monas_indianheritage
Community Member
HI AGAIN,

IS THERE ANY ICON WHICH WILL TELL OUR BUYERS ,THAT WE ARE SELLING WITH COD,OR WE HAVE TO WRITE IT IN OUR LISITNGS PLS EXPLAIN.

THANKS
MONA'S
Message 33 of 157
latest reply

gharpedeliver
Community Member
Hi Biren,

Is this Option only Valid for PP COD or the services of ebay shipping can also be used for normal Online Payments????
Message 34 of 157
latest reply

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi amitava123gems

Offering PaisaPay COD is optional. Sellers can choose which product lines or which listings he would like to offer PaisaPay COD.

Once an item is sold via PaisaPay COD, the system will automatically allocate a courier company to the transaction based on various parameters like pincode serviceability (for pick-up and delivery), product category etc. Seller will have to use the courier company allocated by the system.

Low value items can also be sold on PaisaPay COD. Again we leave the choice to the seller whether to absorb the cost or to charge a reasonable extra amount to the buyer for PsP COD transactions.
Message 35 of 157
latest reply

YA my question is also almost same
if suppose courier company lost the shipment then who will have to suffer
will ebay pay for the lost shipment
i like the concept but this concept wud be good only for high value item where buyer dont mind paying 5% or rs.125 extra

and customer is king is a right concept
but if a customer refuse to pay then in how many days i wud get the shipment delivered to my place

i hope this question are answered
Message 36 of 157
latest reply

@ monas_indianheritage:

You need to pay only 5% of the total value of the item. For example, your Top costs Rs.200, you need to pay 5% (or Rs.125 whichever is higher) means Rs.125 all inclusive. No shipping charges extra and no return charges too.

You can also keep a seperate COD shipping charges in your listing as you would normally do, like Rs.200 (for the Top) plus Rs.50 or so for COD charges, so that you could recover the cost from the buyer itself.
Message 37 of 157
latest reply

Dear Mr Biren and Arun,
I have faith in ebay and I shall revise my listings. If that increases indian sales, nothing like it.
But it is back breaking job for you. Will you be able to do it?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 38 of 157
latest reply

biren@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rhtdm.6624

COD Returns (also called as RTOs i.e. Return To Origin) are inherent to the COD business. We have seen RTOs to the tune of 10% in the recent couple of months.

Courier companies have limited liabilities towards lost or damage in transit. On a case-to-case basis, eBay will attempt to resolve claims for loss /damage in transit between the seller and the concerned courier company

Price fluctuations is not something anyone can give a guarantee on. There are some risks attached to every business.
Message 39 of 157
latest reply

@ monas_indianheritage,

On Clicking the 'Buy Now' button, buyers will have an option to choose to order the item via PasiaPay COD just like they select for PaisaPay (Credit/Debit Card) or Demand Draft or other mode of payments.
Message 40 of 157
latest reply