Never use Indian Speed Post

k.m.kink
Community Member
Never Use Indian Speed Post service .
i purchased a Mobile phone from ebay, the seller told me that he would send the Phone through Indian speed post As it not cost me extra ,as MAHARASHTRA state can charge some octri . well i said ok ...as it was my 1st time on ebay ...
& the seller was selling for 4 yrs on ebay ..so i assumed that he must be knowing what he is saying ..

& when i received the package from the post-man :-
the package was looking good at 1st glance ,it had a brown tape on one of its side . so i accepted the package ,as soon as i removed the brown tape ...what do i see that the package was already torn & the mobile phone & charger,headphone were missing ..........the box contained :-USB chord,CD,BACK cover of the phone,battery

i did filed a complain to the post office ....they said the will inform me about the situation ...
i m still waiting for their response from them

well from my experience i say ...shell-out more money to have a ensured delivery of the intended item .
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

why did u accepted the parcel which is open
u sud have check in front of the postman
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
It is a case of theft. Report it to the Police by filing an FIR.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I hope you purchased from a REPUTED seller, I have encountered many IDs like "genuine.buy", "bappa.sales" giving fake shipping info or shipping fake items and taking our money. Ebay did not do anything to protect us as there seems to be a nexus among them.

My point is this could well be a deed of the seller himself to blame the courier or speed post for the loss.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

one should not buy mobiles online. local shops offer best prices for mobiles
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

k.m.kink
Community Member
reliableenterprise my friend ..as i mentioned in the above post that the brown tape was over the tampered area ,so how could i make out \..if its tampered from inside or not ..by just looking at it & secondly the post man dose not allow us to check the parcel until we accept from him .

pranshudubey : i had bought from a reputed seller ..
as the seller had no negative feedback, &was selling on ebay from last 4 years.

& 1 more thing the parcel was originally 495grms ..but while delivering to me the post office did not even check the weight of the parcel & delivered it to me
& when i went to complain to them about this , i personally checked its weight, it was 291grms

On 25th august my claim filed under eBay
Guarantee* has been approved.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

You have to Report it to the Police and the higher Post Officials.A Complaint in local post office will not solve the problem.My friend had worked in the Post office he told me that never use this Services.This are not postal services and it is a Garbage service.I Recommend all buyers or sellers to use Other couriers like Professional or other.Professional is charging a low charge than Govt,Post.

Please File complaint if you have faced problem with any service .Because we are paying money
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
Such type of isolated incidents are common in each and every courier.No courier can tell that such stealing has never happened with them. Why single out Speed Post only for this. Speed post and any other couriers are handled by same human beings with greed.

It is better to take some precautions for high value shipments like packaging cloth bags, insuring the parcel etc.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@ k.m.kink
Indian Postal department offer excellent service. Please don't blame the entire postal department just because of one bad experience you had. Even a Rolls Royce may breakdown sometime. That doesn't mean it isn't a good car. ๐Ÿ™‚

@ decor-shikha
I have bought 2 mobiles, 1 digital camera, 3 watches and I found the prices of these items more economical on eBay as compared to the offline stores. The sellers were also excellent in every aspect.

@pran
A seller won't survive on eBay for long if he retorts to incorrect or fraudulent business practice. Any seller with more than 20 feedback is genuine.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@health.planet...

The most ridiculous comparison ever, India postal dept. to the Rolls Royce. Compare Apples to Apples not to Caviar.

India postal dept is BAD and let's not get senti about it, the brits set up for India but we have managed to screw it up just like the C.W. Games
CIC hosting
Message 10 of 20
latest reply