Today I had to face another fraud buyer

Sridevi Veeraghanta
dgfsdg
fgvijayawada
viajayawada, AP 520010
India
fgvijayawada

Ebay please wake up and act on this issue immediately -
We the sellers are being cornered from all sides with no help.

Request all Sellers to voice their concerns on this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Ravi
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Increasing Fraud Buyers........Ebay Wake UP

incredibleholidays
Community Member
You are lucky to have got just 1 fake buyer. 2/3rd of my buyers who win in the auctions are fake. That's right 67% of buyers are fake / don't pay for their wins. Every week I send several such mails to ebay T&S about fake/fraudulent buyers.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Ravi (),

Hello Navneeth (snrama),

Thank you for highlighting this ID which you found to be suspicious and I've escalated this to our team. I'd like to call out that necessary actions will be taken against them upon reviewing.

Once again I'd like to thank you for helping us keep the marketplace clean and healthy for trading :-).

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You are not alone guys, i think now a days 75% of ebay new members use fake information, they bid , win and leave. and our item stucks for another 15days , waiting for them..........
There are few sellers on this site too, who may use your pictures to create lesser value listings, i have complained against such seller twice, but id not removed, just listing removed.......
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello,
One fake buyer(eBay id:josha_123) had won one of my auction.

When I was sending invoice to him, I found that the address as well as the contact number is fake.

The details of the member as provided on eBay is as below:

josha octomb
opkmnhy
bygg
bvgfrtfy, BR 895632
India
bygg

So, I immediately contacted Customer Care and provided all the details, but to my surprise I got the following reply on 19.12.2008

"Hello,

Thanks for writing to us. My name is Candice G. and I am more than willing to assist you with your report about the member "joshua_123".

I have reviewed your email and wanted to let you know that we are in the process of investigating the contact information of the member you are reporting. This process usually takes 2-3 days.

At that time, you can request their revised contact information from the 'Contact Info' section of the following web page, and once again attempt
to call them:

http://cgi3.ebay.in/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MemberSearchShow

If you are still unable to contact your buyer after 7 days, your best course of action would be to submit an Unpaid Item Claim. Please refer to the following web page for a more information on our Unpaid Item
Process:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/announcement/upi.html

Our goal is to eliminate fraud from our site, and we highly appreciate you taking the time to help us achieve this. Thank you for helping us keep eBay a safe and secure environment for all members. Have a great
eBay day!

Regards,

Candice G.
eBay Customer Support"

Today is 23.12.2008 and still the member is not suspended, Fake buyers are increasing day by day and eBay should take some measures to stop such fun/fake bidder.

Do it really take such a long time to investigate the contact information of a member with fake address as well as contact number?

I request eBay to immediately take action against the above mentioned eBay id.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hello,
Still the buyer is not suspended.

This is really amazing as how eBay Trust and Safety works!

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Dear Indraneel,
This is now more then 5 days and the buyer is still not suspended?

What Trust and Safety doing?

What taking them so long to verify a address like this:

josha octomb
opkmnhy
bygg
bvgfrtfy, BR 895632
India
bygg

This is my last post for issue.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Deep (shree_krishna_gems),

Thank you for reporting this issue on this forum and my apologies for having missing this discussion as I was on leave for a few days.

I'll take care of this issue and surely you won't have to put any more posts for this issue :-).

Once again thank you for your efforts to help us keep the marketplace safe and healthy!

Keep posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 8 of 8
latest reply