I hate Paypal

stylish_india
Community Member
Today I got message from paypal which says :
In compliance with Indian regulations, if you are selling products and services to customers globally, please review the following important information:

• Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services should be withdrawn to your bank account within 30 days.

• While making the withdrawal please make sure you select the purpose code that best fits your business.

• Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services may only be withdrawn to your bank account in India. This received amount cannot be reused for making purchases.

• If you would like to make purchases on any website that accepts PayPal, you can continue to use any credit card issued by a bank in India.

I hate paypal now for mainly three reasons :

Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services should be withdrawn to your bank account within 30 days. - If the currency rate is not good - and if we have not accumulated sufficient amount in paypal - if amount is less than Rs.6,999.99 INR or less then 50 Rs. will be charged - and this shows more loss - then it is of no use withdrawing money within 30 days time. Dollar rate which used to change all the time is also a big problem - sometimes it is as low as 42 Rs. per dollar:-( .. No help .. this all things are killing me now 😞

Any proceeds or earnings received into your PayPal account from the export of goods and services may only be withdrawn to your bank account in India. This received amount cannot be reused for making purchases.

Third reason - Currency exchange rate - If the current rate is - 46 Rs. - if we go for bank withdrawal - we will get only 44 something 😞 -- such a big loss .. when there are all currencies available ( Hong Kong Dollars, Singapore dollars, Australian Dollar, United Kingdom Pound, etc) in paypal then why not INR ?? (Indian Rupee) available - there is no value of India or what ?

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I hate Paypal

Hi guys,
We are treated like slaves. How we use our hard earned money is our business. Now we are not able to send money to our relatives abroad. What about students in need of money in foreign countries? This is tyranny.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

stylish_india
Community Member
😞 And no one is listening

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

If PayPal is not friendly, we cant afford to be friendly either. I think, we should seriously review our strategy. We can survive without PayPal.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

spl_ind
Community Member
Its better to live in the US and sell from there. eBay USA & PayPal are both user friendly. I feel that the US Govt. does a lot of research before implementing any restrictions on anything.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

vismat_mega_store
Community Member
Paypal is becoming like a wound with infection!!!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

Hi,
Just tell me this.
A refund issue may crop up even after a month. International shipping time is unpredictable. If you are shipping to Italy, it may take upto 45 days.What happens if the money is withdrawn and the buyer wants refund after one month?
I need a minimu of 60 days to get a clean transferable balance and to accumulate minimum 7000 INR.
Otherwise we may end up in a bad situation.
I am a top rated seller and never had to retfund money.But nobody can say for sure ,you know. Top rated seller or power seller is no big deal. You sell more and earn more and become a top rated seller or power seller.
I want an answer as to safety of my reputation.
Who will guarnatee buyer safety?
This is a mindless dictatotorial sermon.
Let us rise and protest.
Also withdrawals are showing as pending. This is breach of trust and faith which we have taken great pains to build over years of serious transactions with each other.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
Hi Guys,

I have faced lot of issues with other MSP's and paypal too. but still I advocate paypal over others strongly, for the reason they are really robust. The recent policy changes are the exception certainly, however, a thumb rule to work with paypal:- be honest, provide all the info they want and when the want, your issues will be sorted out. Remember there are tens of thousands of website owners and ebay sellers and other sellers worldwide using paypal. and i believe atleast 2-3% of their total turnover, is resulting because of us (Indians) they would never want to let us go.

It's true, Paypal is not at all user friendly particularly to Indians. they have always had canned, predictable, inhuman and scripted answers. But guess what? They are still better than all the other merchant service providers worldwide. best of all, you get it for free.

Hope the current issues are sorted out quickly.

Regards buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

PayPal is notorious for its unprofessional approach towards sellers and has failed to protect the sellers completely. Yet we have no choice but to use its services because eBay only promotes PayPal.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I hate Paypal

eBay owns Paypal!

I am curious to know for the sake of my knowledge what some of the competitive services to Paypal are? One is Google Checkout, that one i know. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply