cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How does eBay deal with duplicate products ?

ajithk_in1
Community Member
I have got a general concern with duplicate products of well known brands .We suffer this menace even if we buy from the local market ,to avoid that we make purchases from the Brand showrooms ,and authorized sellers etc..How does eBay deal with this and guarantee us that the branded products are original ones ?

Ajith
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hello,

ebaY policy in this regard is to allow the every fraud and cheat in the world to list and sell and to make fool of a few hundred buyers. When a sufficiently large number of them realise that they have received duplicate / fake and complain than ebaY remove the seller(s) from the site.

But by that time hundreds of innocent buyers are defrauded and never come back for shopping on the site causing irrepairable damage to both the sellers and the buyers.

Devesh
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

sachin_thapar
Community Member
Sorry Devesh Bhai,

I partly agree with your comment. The moral responsibility is not only of ebay. Ebay has no means of checking whether the product is genuine or fake since they dont see the product themselves. The buyers have to be cautios and buy only from reputed people.

Ebay has provided buyers enough safety and if any buyer feels that he has been cheated he can easily bring this to ebays attention and ebay i am sure would help.

Thanks,
Sachin
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi ,

I recently got cheated with a product that mentioned JBL pulse , the vendor is selling completely 4th grade chinese copy and has made a listing mentioning its a genuine manufacturer made, I have attched that info in the image , here i sthe link to the product http://www.ebay.com/itm/261768833232# .

The ebay consumer support is very very I mean very very apthetic about the entire situation , my eBay ganruntee claim( which I now think is a joke) was completely rejected becasue the the buyer had mentioned OEM on their product in some question and answer and not the description .

Hence it was my fault , and rather ebay promotes fake products with infringed branding to be sold online.

I have informed JBL company and put it on my tech blog as well.

if you guys have any ideas to take it further please do let me know what I can do so far ebay has shown complete apathy.I really didnt expect this from ebay and I sent them a email thanking them for the horrible experience.

If possible dont buy from ebay , the worst support team I have seen so far. 

Regards

Agnivo Chatterjee

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

kesha_abha
Community Member

Hi,

PFA image ..now take strict action you're Seller send me a duplicate product with fake embossing of JBL . according to JBL website they never sold products without product code bar code and warranty so its simple this is a duplicate product.. Cheap and garbage... Ban this seller and take him in prison...

Cc: JBL people take strict action against this kind of people who sell duplicate product and spoil your brand value

Cc: eBay people also do the something.

Regards
Abhay Kesharwani

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have brought samsung 32gb memory card .it is duplicate product .the samsung company want to take sevior action agenst this product .Ebay is waste allowing all seller with out chicking the product add posting for money simply wasting our time
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

that exactly happen, that is why they can sell JBL Charge 2 speaker at Rs. 1900 which market price is Rs. 10000 to Rs. 12000. This ebay site should be banned by Government and we should file legal case against them

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

nothing will happen by posting over internet, find an advocate and file legal suite against ebay. In Ebay the seller will never respond to your query because they know that they are selling fake item

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

pk14319978
Community Member
I want cash 419
For skullCandy headset dublicate saled by ebay
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ebay is a fraud. I bought a new apple iphone 5s nd they did not gave me the bill. ThenI got to know that the product is duplicate. I cheated me nd took over 20,000 for iphone which is duplicate...๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 
Message 10 of 13
latest reply