cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller is asking for a DOA certificate for a defective mobile phone

pradeepnw
Community Member

I bought a Sony Xperia Sola mobile phone on 12-jun-2012. After unboxing, it turned out that the touchscreen of the phone does not function correctly. I talked with the seller for a replacement or refund. But the seller is asking me to visit a nearest Sony Service center and get a DOA (Defect on Arrival) certificate. I don't have any service store near me. I raise the refund request with ebay on 16-jun-2012 but and also called up several times but they did not even called my once to take up my case. I feel cheated and lost my faith on ebay.

Anybody here, please help me the way out. I feel my 20k rupees is lost. What should I do? Why is ebay not helping me?

Thanks,
~Pradeep Waghmare

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
when did you buy this item and when did you call the ebay customer support team.
you need to raise a claim against buyer . once you did this ebay will certainly help you to get your money back.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
* correction for my early post.

its SELLER NOT BUYER.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

pradeepnw
Community Member
Hello uniquecreations2012,
I bought the mobile on 12-Jun-2012 and raised a claim on 16-Jun-2012. But till now nobody from ebay has contacted me. Please guide me what should I do next.
Thank you,
Pradeep
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
open a case against your seller (only if he rejects your communication). first try to contact your seller through phone. if he/she doesnt' respond , open a case.

all you have to do is go to resolution center
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.in/
select the option and file a case. as simple as that.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

DOA certificates means eBay and seller both are playing with you.. In reality the manufacturing company can't interfere the third party vendors, the seller just makes you harassment. And skulk from here. I confirmed here you can't managed DOA certificates. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

chamashagu
Community Member
Yes...mobile company deny to give DOA letter and eBay don't help in any such issue...as even I have faced some issue when eBay sold me a used phone under brand new phone category...and on raisg a claim they asked me to get DOA letter from company..wich is next to impossible....pls ..pls don't buy product from eBay...... highly unreliable site
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

same issue I am facing: I ordered Intex Aqua FISH. and when I got this it was not properly sealed. Screen guard was not usabled. Phone was not able to call or receive. I raised the same concern on the same day. today is 10th day and no refund. they are asking me to go to intex service center for repairing. why I will get repair phone when I have paid for new phone. their behavior is not to refund. they are asking me to arrange a authorization letter from intex. which is not a part of policy even. they are just doing time pass and not wanted to refund money. I will suggest you all not to interact with ebay any more. I will definitely file case against them and will teach lesson. Brahm 9717702759
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

etpnx
Community Member

Dont buy mobile phones from Amazon and eBay. They do not have return policy **bleep** them.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

ebay cheated me in the same fashion I buy leeeco 1s phone I gound it defected peace
neither seller nor ebay helping me any way
fraud company
fraud seller
Message 10 of 14
latest reply