cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

False Warranty Claims made by Pristine Note for Koss Portapro

anon8784
Community Member
I had purchased a Koss Portapro headphone on 20th Jul, 2010 (Item #260626109735) from the seller "Pristine Note" on eBay. This product is covered under eBay's "No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty".

I received the product and tested it once, was reasonably happy so I left a positive feedback for the seller. Then my nightmare began. After only 10 days, the product headphone socket came loose, so I sent it it back to the seller for repair/replacement. He claimed that the product was bought from Singapore, and then shipped it there to get it repaired.

Since 2 and a half months, there has been zero progress on this. Pristine Note gave one excuse after another, but made zero progress on the issue. Meanwhile, because I was honest and patient enough to actually wait for the seller, I lost the opportunity to file and eBay Guarantee claim.

Last week, out of sheer helplessness, I directly e-mailed the Koss Warranty team to complain to the about this issue. Their response was enlightening. They clearly stated that sellers like Pristine Note are not authorized to sell products over eBay, since they do not honor Koss's "No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty". This is exactly what had happened in my case, since my product was clearly covered under the warranty.

Shockingly, once I confronted Pristine Note with this e-mail, he has taken the shameless and despicable step of refusing to ship my product back to me. Since my product was purchased in July, eBay claims that they cannot do anything about the same.

Meanwhile, the seller continues to sell this product http://cgi.ebay.in/KOSS-PORTAPRO-PORTABLE-STEREOPHONE-/250717096951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=ite... when he knows that he cannot service the Lifetime warranty.

Unfortunately, more users, like me, will also suffer his fate unless eBay steps in and removes the listing for that particular product or modify the seller's warranty claims which are asolutely false. I have already reported the item, but I doubt if any concrete action will be taken.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

vkrm2000
Community Member
Dear anon8784

I wonder how these type of cheaters became Power Sellers and maintaining 100% positive feedback??????????????????
It is not possible without full support of eBay.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
hi anon8784

I m lakshmi,

i am also seller

first contact seller for replacement if they dont replay you ebay guaranty

if u have paid via paisa pay u can u can claim here : http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/eBay_Guarantee.html

best of luck
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

anon8784
Community Member
Just clarifying a typo in my original post, the "No-Questions-Asked Lifetime warranty" is provided by the Manufacturer and not eBay.

The details can be found here: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/warrrepair5?openform

@lakshmi: I tried (in vain) to give the seller time for replacement. For 3 months!! Unfortunately, eBay does not allow buyers to file a claim after that kind of time.

@vkrm2000: People give feedback after they verify the product. When problems creep up after the feedback is entered, say after a month or so, unethical sellers such as Pristine Note know they cannot be touched and can get away without providing service.

In my case, the seller has literally stolen and ripped me off, and I have no options before me. eBay does not
involve itself in these matters after a specified time, and there is no point of filing a police complaint.

I can at least accept my loss and move on, but what about other users who are also likely to face the same treatment by Pristine Note in the future? This is where eBay must be decisive and firm.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

anon8784
Community Member
An update regarding this product.

The seller continues to sell this product, and eBay had done nothing nothing to stop him despite my repeated warnings.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260698100378#ht_4378wt_905
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

proaudiohome
Community Member
Hi,
This is Pristine Note. Since this discussion is regarding us, it would be appropriate to respond so that you can judge by what the customer claims.

He purchased Koss Portapro headphone from us. After using the product for 17 days, he broke the headphone from the socket. It was not as what is claimed (the headphone socket came loose).

When the customer send us the product, we immediately noticed the misuse. However we still wanted to help him, we accordingly took the Product to Stereo Singapore, Singapore Plaza, Ghoby Ghaut, SG. They refused to entertain the warranty as the product has been misused. (I have the documents)

We also source our product from Jaben Networks and requested them to kindly help the customer out (he was our first customer to have any problems). We send the headphones to Jaben Networks. (Jaben is one of the biggest headphone Sellers in the world, I knew for certain that they would have better influence over their distributor of Koss). It has been over a month, and the headphone has still not been repaired as of 30 Nov 2010. (we have the documents)

Meanwhile the customer started using derogatory remarks against us at different places. We have spend may times over the cost of the headphones. We still want to help him get the warranty. However we are not responsible for the product misuse. I have visited Jaben/Stereo regarding the problem, however the product has not come back to them from the Koss Distributor.

The lifetime warranty is offered by Koss. We have very clearly mentioned our warranty conditions to the customer. The product has been purchased from the right source.

We have 100% positive feedback. We have tried to help the customer inspite of the fact that he misused the product and tried to play trick on us.

I can give further details once a decision on the product is taken by Jaben or Koss Singapore Distributor. Why should the customer worry, if according to him the headphone has got "loose"? The KOSS distributor would honour the warranty, if the customer is rightfully eligible for the warranty.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

proaudiohome
Community Member
Hi,
This is Pristine Note. Since this discussion is regarding us, it would be appropriate to respond so that you can judge by what the customer claims.

He purchased Koss Portapro headphone from us. After using the product for 17 days, he broke the headphone from the socket. It was not as what is claimed (the headphone socket came loose).

When the customer send us the product, we immediately noticed the misuse. However we still wanted to help him, we accordingly took the Product to Stereo Singapore, Singapore Plaza, Ghoby Ghaut, SG. They refused to entertain the warranty as the product has been misused. (I have the documents)

We also source our product from Jaben Networks and requested them to kindly help the customer out (he was our first customer to have any problems). We send the headphones to Jaben Networks. (Jaben is one of the biggest headphone Sellers in the world, I knew for certain that they would have better influence over their distributor of Koss). It has been over a month, and the headphone has still not been repaired as of 30 Nov 2010. (we have the documents)

Meanwhile the customer started using derogatory remarks against us at different places. We have spend may times over the cost of the headphones. We still want to help him get the warranty. However we are not responsible for the product misuse. I have visited Jaben/Stereo regarding the problem, however the product has not come back to them from the Koss Distributor.

The lifetime warranty is offered by Koss. We have very clearly mentioned our warranty conditions to the customer. The product has been purchased from the right source.

We have 100% positive feedback. We have tried to help the customer inspite of the fact that he misused the product and tried to play trick on us.

I can give further details once a decision on the product is taken by Jaben or Koss Singapore Distributor. Why should the customer worry, if according to him the headphone has got "loose"? The KOSS distributor would honour the warranty, if the customer is rightfully eligible for the warranty.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

proaudiohome
Community Member
Hi,

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

proaudiohome
Community Member
The customer has long received the product after the repair. However he would never get back to mention that in the forum.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

koss_stereophones
Community Member
Regarding repairs of KOSS headphones and O,SAKI Speakers
kindly contact authorised KOSS O,SAKI Service centre
Betta Electronics
G-12, Navyug Niwas, Ground floor,
167, lamington Road,
Mumbai 400007
Ph:022-23000509