cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Warranty Claims made by Pristine Note for Koss Portapro

anon8784
Community Member
I had purchased a Koss Portapro headphone on 20th Jul, 2010 (Item #260626109735) from the seller "Pristine Note" on eBay. This product is covered under eBay's "No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty".

I received the product and tested it once, was reasonably happy so I left a positive feedback for the seller. Then my nightmare began. After only 10 days, the product headphone socket came loose, so I sent it it back to the seller for repair/replacement. He claimed that the product was bought from Singapore, and then shipped it there to get it repaired.

Since 2 and a half months, there has been zero progress on this. Pristine Note gave one excuse after another, but made zero progress on the issue. Meanwhile, because I was honest and patient enough to actually wait for the seller, I lost the opportunity to file and eBay Guarantee claim.

Last week, out of sheer helplessness, I directly e-mailed the Koss Warranty team to complain to the about this issue. Their response was enlightening. They clearly stated that sellers like Pristine Note are not authorized to sell products over eBay, since they do not honor Koss's "No Questions Asked Lifetime Warranty". This is exactly what had happened in my case, since my product was clearly covered under the warranty.

Shockingly, once I confronted Pristine Note with this e-mail, he has taken the shameless and despicable step of refusing to ship my product back to me. Since my product was purchased in July, eBay claims that they cannot do anything about the same.

Meanwhile, the seller continues to sell this product http://cgi.ebay.in/KOSS-PORTAPRO-PORTABLE-STEREOPHONE-/250717096951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=ite... when he knows that he cannot service the Lifetime warranty.

Unfortunately, more users, like me, will also suffer his fate unless eBay steps in and removes the listing for that particular product or modify the seller's warranty claims which are asolutely false. I have already reported the item, but I doubt if any concrete action will be taken.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: False Warranty Claims made by Pristine Note for Koss Portapro

The  Guarantee claim by ebay India is useless. I had raised it once for a very small item and was promised by ebay on phone that the full refund will be made but nothing happened inspite of escalating the matter.

I have used ebay in UK for 6 years and initially thought that the brand would have the same values here in India but is vastly different.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Re: False Warranty Claims made by Pristine Note for Koss Portapro