Community Court System is flawed

anilkumarb_16
Community Member
I have ordered 1 terra byte hard disk. I received the item very late and the Power point Pin is missing from the box. I have to buy Pin from outside. I gave negative feedback citing the same reason. I think ebay has special court to appeal for removing our feedback. I think there is no sense asking for a feedback if you run courts & appeals and finally remove genuine feedback. The court decided to remove my feedback. Probably this is the last time I buy anything from ebay. I havn’t even given any reason why my feedback is removed also the court hasn’t even tried to arrange a power pin from the seller. Cool , India is india, there is no consumer protection anywhere.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Hello,

If the product you have received was a sealed box, than there was no reason to complain. If the manufacturer does not provide Indian plug, your grudge should be against the manufacturer and not the poor re-seller who is working at just 1%-2% margin

If you received the product within 15 days, you cannot call it late.

If you left feedback for any of the above reasons, your feedback was wrong and judgemental and the community court is 100% correct in removing feedback.

Indian sellers receive 3-5 more negatives than US sellers. Does it mean that the entire lot of Indian sellers is too bad?

No sir, the service standards on ebay.in are much higher than anywhere else in India. Still buyers keeping giving negatives for such piffling reasons.

Indian buyers expect too much of ebay sellers. Ebay sellers should be judged by standards you would judge your neighbourhood merchant and not some fancy service standards you think.

ebaY.in is a huge discount store and service standards here would be of discount stores and not luxury boutiques.

-------

Devesh
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

malwastorechd
Community Member
Dear Kumar.m

If the seller does not have the item in stock or cannot assure the availabilty after selling, he should not list it. A negative feedback in this case is fully justified. A buyer waits for the items and in the end, he gets a refund. So, his patience is rewarded by a unpleasent ending.

Dear veedeedirect

A senior seller like you saying that 15 days wait is ok?? Now i am thankful to ebay for implementing the paisapay system, in which the buyer gets a refund if the item is not shipped within 7 days.

Regards
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

malwastorechd,

ebay allows 7 days for shipping and a further 10 days to deliver after shipping. A total of 17 days.

So in that sense if a buyer receives a product within 15 days he should not be giving out negative ratings.

A Buyer if he expects express shipping and delivery should check in the listing if the same is offered and charged. If none is mentioned he can call / email and ask if it can be delivered.

As a practical seller having done over 50,000 transactions, we know that 5% of all online transactions will involve in some forms of delays either at the seller's end or at the shipping company's end. Many a time buyer do not give proper address. We have had buyer choosing Hyderabad city and state as Arunachal Pradesh instead of Andhra Pradesh. Maybe they were too much of a hurry and in the drop down box choose the wrong option. In such cases the parcel would go to Arunachal Pradesh and come back.

Courier services in India are not as efficient as we expect them to be, There are laws in this country which prevent good couriers from carrying high value products to many states.

There are thousands of locations where no courier delivers.

We have had a parcel sent 10 kms from our office being in the courier system for over 10 days before being returned to us due to door locked. And this is by a MNC courier company.

Yes a buyer would be unhappy if a product takes 15 days to be delivered after payment but it is not a reason for a negative.

We bluntly tell many buyers, at the risk of loosing a few order, that if your need is so urgent drive down to your neighbourhood store and make the purchase. Online you get good deals a huge choice, the option of purchasing from the comfort of your home / office, but if you live in India you have to understand the courier delays are a part of life and sometimes parcels will be delayed.

-------

Devesh
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Dear malwastorechd,

Now I am replying on behalf of kumar.m

If the seller does not have the item in stock or cannot assure the availabilty after selling, he should not list it.

If sellers started following your advice, 80% of inventory on sale on ebay will be off the site. Very few sellers on ebay operate on stock and sell method.

Some sellers stock some skus but few stock all the inventory they list.

Sellers depend on unreliable supplier who will not keep them updated of stock status every day.

Until ecommerce sales in India grows to a certain level where a seller is assured that he can sell off 90% of his inventory in say 90-120 days (same as any offline store), a small percentage of all ebay purchases will result in a refund due to non shipment. The sooner buyer accept them, the more enjoyable the buying experience will be.

The standard practice within many experienced buyers is to confirm stock before making the payment.

-------
Devesh
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

dharmkishore2612
Community Member
The court should be dissolved as the jury is mostly made up of sellers and there is saying in hindi " Chor chor mausere bhai". If a seller does not ship the item and you leave a negative feedback, the seller goes to court and the jury decides in favour of the seller. Brilliant good job, jury. It is the jury who makes the mockery of the system.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
clearly shows, how buyers lack knowledge of eBay system.
eBay allows 7 days to ship the item and further 10 days for delivery. Means seller has 17 days to get the item delivered. Usually the buyer gets th item in 7-10 days from the day of his purchase. even if he gets on 15th day seller is still within eBay guidelines.

I remember I last purchased from some other shopping portal i got the item on 22nd day. eBay still better from lot of other portals which do not have any buyer protection program in place. Go shop with XXXXXXXXXXXX portal, you will get to know, when no one has answer to your questions, your items are not shipped till 10-12 dys of making payment.

On eBay, buyers take sellers for granted.
Ohh BTW, community court has 50% buyers too. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

dear malwastorechd try to sell some items and try to reach at feedback score of 100 only. you will feel shy on ur own statements. its my challange..
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

lt_general
Community Member
I agree that the Community Court is an another scam in the making. I recently bought Panasonic cordless phone's batteries from a seller and they went bust after a months usage, which is an abnormally short span of life. Upon closer inspection, the battery was found to be of a dubious make. So i left negative feedback for that item to alert other buyers. The seller appealed and I replied along with photographs of the batteries. No sane person would remove the feedback after that proof. But oddly the feedback was removed without any reason. If this is the case, eBay has lost my trust and I no longer see aBay involved in consumer protection even when informed of spurious goods being sold as originals.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

lt_general
Community Member
I agree that the Community Court System is a sham out of my own personal experience. I had bought some Panasonic cordless batteries from a seller and they went bust after a month's usage. Upon closer inspection I found the goods sold to me to be spurious. So, I left negative feedback for the seller. He appealed and I replied with photographic evidence. But oddly the feedback was removed even after this. If genuine negative feedback also cannot be taken, I really doubt if this system really works for the consumer or the seller. Negative feedback is given only to alert other buyers to alert them of the shady sellers. But after my episode I think I can understand why every seller has a high 99.9% or 100% rating. My faith in ebay has been really shaken, and would make me think ten times before I purchase anything further on eBay.
Message 19 of 19
latest reply