Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

sunilmonteiro
Community Member
I had purchased an Item from ebay, Sony 610e handycam.on 11th Feb 2009, paisapay id 23830360017.
The seller had given the option of paying in 6EMI's and I had opted for that scheme.

All my transactions were OK and I was informed also that I am being given the option of 6 EMI's. But in my ICICI online Bank statement, I was being shown that I have been debited RS 12,989 ie the Entire Amount.

I immed spoke to EBAY and ICICI and they both assured me that not to worry and that when the Credit Card Statement comes, it will be rectified. When my Credit card Statement was generated, I was asked to pay the entire amount of Rs 12,989/-

After that I havebeen frantically running behind ICICI who informs me to contact EBAY and when I call EBAY they direct me to ICICI Bank.

I have written numerous times to EBAY and everytime a new person replies to my mail and I have to explain the same thing to him/her. They asked for a scanned copy of my Credit card and when i send it to them , they tell me to send a hard copy.

Its like I am being played like a tennis ball from EBAY to ICICI and ICICI to EBAY.

My problem is not resolved and I have to pay the Entire amount of Rs 12,989/- else I have to pay the Credit Card Fine per month. I am helpless other then to succumb and pay the entire amount which will cause a hole in my pocket.

This is OUTRIGHT CHEATING BY EBAY and I am looking to see how I can sue EBAY for it.

This is a very bad experience and I have decided not to DEAL WITH EBAY again.Atleast the shopowner outright informs you what can be done and what will not be done,here I am dealing with FACELESS people who are turncoats.

If you are dealing with Goods of BIG AMOUNTS, i would suggest DO NOT DEAL WITH EBAY or PAISAPAY. Deal directly with the SELLER. Atleast you wont get cheated.

I personlly feel that EBAY AND PAISAPAY are cheaters and crooks.

Regards,
Sunil Monteiro
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sunilmonteiro,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the community boards.

I'd be happy to resolve your issues. Please allow me 2-3 days time to look into the matter with the concerned team and resolve the same.

I'll be updating the thread once we have the solution.

We request you to be patient and understanding as you have been all this while.

Keep posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

oneelephantpickle
Community Member
Sunil

I am intrested in the outcome of this problem. I was about to buy a very high value item on Ebay availing the ICICI emi now i am very apprehensive. I had a inkling that its not likely to be as smooth as its publicised so i googled and stumbled across your problem. I empathize with you & i am intrested in what Ebay is going to do about this. We trust them to provide us with a honest portal to buy and sell if they dont we can always shop elsewhere.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@oneelephantpickle...

I have had the same experience from ICICI bank and ebay.

Purchased on EMI option but just today the bank website shows the full amount charged to my CC. I will have to wait for the final statement though but I am sure that I will be charged full.

If things are OK I will update here for sure.

**************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

oneelephantpickle
Community Member
@Raj

Any further updates? We can safely say now that ebay and ICICI offer of EMI is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Any buyers looking to buy on ebay using ICICI EMI beware you are likely to be charged the whole amount. Do it at your own risk.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

My ICICI C.C. statement should be coming in a few days.

And you know when I spoke to ebay Cust Care they said "we do not accept e-statements, we need paper statement". Hence I had to request ICICI to start sending physical statement.

SAD STATE AT EBAY...

**************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends, I have used ICICI EMI facility twice in last one year at eBay for goods valued about 45000/- and both transactions were smoothly completed in six EMIs.
In fact the first instalment is charged after one month of purchase.
Just take care that you have carefully opted EMI option at the time of purchase checkout.

Best wishes

Narinder 🙂
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks Mr. Suni and Raj for the advance warning.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

all_from_hindustan
Community Member
Dear sunilmonteiro , the exact same thing has happen to me . I had bought an iPhone (PaisaPay ID 24634084385). Despite repeated emails/ Phone Paisapay has not resolved the matter. I personlly feel that EBAY AND PAISAPAY are not been truthful about the entire transaction.Any buyers looking to buy on ebay using ICICI EMI beware you are likely to be charged the whole amount. Do it at your own risk. Bye
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Update to posts 3 and 5....

Yes same case here as I was expecting.

I was charged the full amount by ebay and not EMI's.

***************************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply