cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

sunilmonteiro
Community Member
I had purchased an Item from ebay, Sony 610e handycam.on 11th Feb 2009, paisapay id 23830360017.
The seller had given the option of paying in 6EMI's and I had opted for that scheme.

All my transactions were OK and I was informed also that I am being given the option of 6 EMI's. But in my ICICI online Bank statement, I was being shown that I have been debited RS 12,989 ie the Entire Amount.

I immed spoke to EBAY and ICICI and they both assured me that not to worry and that when the Credit Card Statement comes, it will be rectified. When my Credit card Statement was generated, I was asked to pay the entire amount of Rs 12,989/-

After that I havebeen frantically running behind ICICI who informs me to contact EBAY and when I call EBAY they direct me to ICICI Bank.

I have written numerous times to EBAY and everytime a new person replies to my mail and I have to explain the same thing to him/her. They asked for a scanned copy of my Credit card and when i send it to them , they tell me to send a hard copy.

Its like I am being played like a tennis ball from EBAY to ICICI and ICICI to EBAY.

My problem is not resolved and I have to pay the Entire amount of Rs 12,989/- else I have to pay the Credit Card Fine per month. I am helpless other then to succumb and pay the entire amount which will cause a hole in my pocket.

This is OUTRIGHT CHEATING BY EBAY and I am looking to see how I can sue EBAY for it.

This is a very bad experience and I have decided not to DEAL WITH EBAY again.Atleast the shopowner outright informs you what can be done and what will not be done,here I am dealing with FACELESS people who are turncoats.

If you are dealing with Goods of BIG AMOUNTS, i would suggest DO NOT DEAL WITH EBAY or PAISAPAY. Deal directly with the SELLER. Atleast you wont get cheated.

I personlly feel that EBAY AND PAISAPAY are cheaters and crooks.

Regards,
Sunil Monteiro
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

Hi Seema,

Hoping you are still around in EBAY.

Im the latest victim of similar case.

6 months EMI selected but been charged for entire amount.

regads,

Sumith

seemak@ebay.com wrote:
Hello Dibyojyoti,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding EMI here. Your transaction has been successfully converted into an EMI and that is why you've been charged convenience charges.Let me guide you how EMI works on eBay. Once you opt for EMI, though the credit worth entire transaction got blocked on your Credit Card, you will be charged in EMI. This will reflect in your next statement. Do not hesitate to revert in case your credit card issuers failed to do so. We would be happy to assist you.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

I Have Tried Buying Through HDFC Credit Card On 6 Month EMI Scheme But Finally The Total Amount Is Being Shown As Transaction Cost. What The Hell Is Happening?

Regards.

Arul Prasad J.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply