cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is cheating - stated parcel came empty

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
Dear All

Pl suggest me how to deal ith such buyers. A buyer purchased a MP3 player from me a month ago and stated that the parcel as empty hen received. I took this issue as an incident only. The same buyer purchased another mp3 player ith more price value along with 2 memory card this time. Again the buyer has told me that the parcel was received empty and initiated a refund.

Pl tell me what to do in this case. I dont want negetive feedback but I dont want to face this again. There must be some procedure to avoid this.

I called customer care after reading such things with other sellers also but they told me that there is a department who can check for this. I asked him to tell me the procedure and we have to provide proof of delivery in this regard. I asked him that this is a basis thing and request to tell me the procedure about how this department works and how will it justify its result. But they didnot replied.

I dont think that ebay has any answer for that and all our parcels which are sent without insurance are always under fear of being stolen.

Experienced sellers pl share your valuable experience to avoid or resolve this issue.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Buyer is cheating - stated parcel came empty

vkrm2000
Community Member
@technocrats.solutions

The Buyer is probably eBay employee or their(eBay Employee's) associate.

The general / genuine buyer never indulge in such activities.

This incidents taking place with the help of eBay employees.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
ebay india is not maintaining standard of ebay.com. its running like a 5 star mall with no security persons. Anybody whether its is seller or a buyer may be cheated any spot of time.

Dear members is there any procedure to get evry parcel insured together which we are going to send in a month. like we have 200 parcels in a month. can we get it insured in advance ? If not what can be done in this regard to be safe from these type of frauds.
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

dealer1703
Community Member
Hi,

Insurance is a good option.

BUT

Buyer receives the packet. We have proof of delevery. NOW the buyer claims that the packet is received empty.

We cannot clain insurance refund.

NOW WHAT?.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
Again a friend of our Mr Om_STORE suffered due to fraud buyers. My sympathy with him. Ebay is not working on itssecurity for buyers as well as sellers. We are still waiting for ebay to come ahead and bring some contaract with courior companies which record the proof of proper packaging and shipment.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@ technocrats.solutions

First of all ebay TNS should believe on evidence not on telephonic talks what the buyer says. And the TNS always thinks we seller are liars and the buyers are always true. If seller are asked to provide the DRS & POD then why not buyer asked to do the same if they return the item ?

Big game is going on ebay, ebay employees are sourcing and selling and want other competitor sellers to go out from ebay.

Sellers are not getting proper help from ebay india.

Step for wrong decision should be that the claim adjuster who approved the claim, the amount should be deducted from his/her salary. Than they will come to know what seller face when his hard earned money goes very easily to the buyer, the buyer is getting item & refund both.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

asidslim
Community Member
i was cheated very nicely by mr bharat of ebay.in .without looking into the matter that cheater made the decision against me.i had sold an item to a buyer from uk.it was a replica note.after receiving it that buyer started a case against me telling that i sent him the fake item when i had mentioned before only that it was a replica note. but all thanks to mr cheater oops sorry mr bharat i lost my rs. 1500 for shipping the item and rs . 5600 item payment and lost the item also.thanks a lot ebay.in i guess its very easy to fool indians. people can very very easily cheat anyone here.enjoy cheating i mean enjoy shopping guys.

ragards
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Being a genuine member for past six years, first bad experience with EBAY.
I have sold my Blackberry 9790 with bill and accessories and also couriered through Blue Dart by spending more 200+_ RS for safe shipment. Now the buyer is given feedback as Negative saying that Mobile is dead. From the day of receiving the mobile, buyer is not responding to the calls or emails. I have posted an complaint through Ebay customer care regarding this. But i really don't know how to get to an conclusion.
Worried about the below listed actions (If buyer does !)
1. If he has screwed my mobile and makes it die and meaning that it was a dead phone.
2. If he couriers only the box.
Please someone help me on this.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

my buyer told he got empty envelope.

if the envelope was empty then why he took delivery ?was he not able to feel that the envelope was empty. he could return it.

now whom i believe the buyer or courier company?

but nobody there to listen?

ebay sent me a list of documents to submit which i can not.

in this way i am going to lost my item and other expenses.

thanks ebay.

nice experience.Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

There i sno solution except that the seller should record by videothe content and packing before shipping to prove that the seller shipped the products as ordered.

I am able to perceive that the eBay in an attempt to retain the customer advises the customer/buyer to file claims and slap negative feedback if not satisfied. At every time the buyer contacts customer care such advice is given. Though the slapping of negative feedback when not satisfied is correct , when th eBay reminds this, the buyer gets induced to slap negative feedback. As all sellers know that a considerable number of buyers try to twist the sellers hand and try to get refund retaining the product. The eBay assures reverse pick up but never does that instead they offer refund and allow buyers to keep the product and cover seller also under inseller porotection. This encourages buyers to resort to fraudulent practice to grab the product withut any monetary loss. A case of mine (PaisaPay ID 35094116941, Item No. 190984492568) can be cited here. I am the seller. The buyer ordered10 pairs of ear buds. i shipped by Bluedart under Powership. The buyer claimed only 2 pairs were received but did not complain damage of packing eBay sealed cover and filed a claim also. Since eBay never supports seller, I decided to ship again 8 pairs and assured accordingly and shipped by Speedpost. Fortunately I recorded by video the contents and packing to prove what was packed in the eBay cover destined to the buyer. I have mentioned by print that the "contents and packing videographed" in the address slip itself. The buyer again claimed that only 4 pairs were available and complained to eBay. I uploaded video in YOUTUBE and informed eBay and requested to reject the claim. The eBay informed buyer on this and buyer withdrew his claim and the eBay rejected the claim. But unfortunately the eBay awarded Rs200/= worth coupon in compensation of the products not recieved just in an attempt to retain the customer. Now the buyer has slapped negative feedback against me and branded me as fraudulent seller. Thus eBay has got very bad policy...It is not due to Country Manager....it is eBay policy. The customer Care personnel were trained to encourage buyers by advising them to act as autocratic emperors and vent their sadistic pleasure..The eBay refuses to remove negative feedbacks unless the buyer agrees to do so even in the cases of claims rejected. This also encourages buyer to resort to all sorts of malpactices. These are well known to eBay. But eBay by policy wants to retain buyers and not bothered about sellers.  eBay actually seeds hatred between buyer and seller and reaps. Even in cases where reilief is granted properly in case of genuine mistakes or defects beyond the control of seller..such stand is taken. It is a hegemonistic policy only to divide citizens and brand one another as cheats. Unless eBay changes its policy, the change of Country Manager will never improve the eBay customer Care.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

harpap8
Community Member
Ebay cheating :- Spread this news to more people.
They cheated me also.
They supplied small size screen protector for my Samsung galaxy edge.
After continues mails and calls they unanimously closed the issue without refund.
Hariharan
Message 20 of 21
latest reply