Buyer is cheating - stated parcel came empty

technocrats.solutions
Community Member
Dear All

Pl suggest me how to deal ith such buyers. A buyer purchased a MP3 player from me a month ago and stated that the parcel as empty hen received. I took this issue as an incident only. The same buyer purchased another mp3 player ith more price value along with 2 memory card this time. Again the buyer has told me that the parcel was received empty and initiated a refund.

Pl tell me what to do in this case. I dont want negetive feedback but I dont want to face this again. There must be some procedure to avoid this.

I called customer care after reading such things with other sellers also but they told me that there is a department who can check for this. I asked him to tell me the procedure and we have to provide proof of delivery in this regard. I asked him that this is a basis thing and request to tell me the procedure about how this department works and how will it justify its result. But they didnot replied.

I dont think that ebay has any answer for that and all our parcels which are sent without insurance are always under fear of being stolen.

Experienced sellers pl share your valuable experience to avoid or resolve this issue.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Buyer is cheating - stated parcel came empty

I am facing similar problem. But I think I am in a safe zone as Indiapost carefully measured the weight of the parcel before dispatch and mentioned it on the courier slip. My shipping weight was 550gms whereas buyer has received a weight of 80gms which is not at all possible. I think buyer will not be able to cheat with me.

But I am not going to leave this case as it is. Already I escalated the case to the topmost officials in India Post and also planning to file FIR shortly.

Dont leave such buyers and teach them a lesson tactfully. Obviously you will have some or the other clue with you. Seller has to become CID in this case.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply