Announcing launch of all new PaisaPay!

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee

We are pleased to announce that starting the week of 3rd December 2007 we will be launching several enhancements to PaisaPay. These enhancements are aimed at making transacting on eBay even more safe, fun and providing our buyers with a delightful experience. New PaisaPay will provide a mechanism for the buyers and sellers to complete their PaisaPay transactions with ease and help our sellers increase their business on eBay.

The New PaisaPay flow:

Key Highlights:

1. Providing a delightful buyer experience: Buyers will now be able to use PaisaPay for fast, assured purchases or get their money back! In case the buyer does not receive the item purchased with the prescribed timelines, he will have the option to get a quick refund.

2. Uniform performance guidelines for Sellers: In new PaisaPay the sellers will have fixed timelines within which they need to ship and deliver the item. This will help in providing a standardised seller experience where sellers will have clear performance guidelines. In case a seller needs more time to ship or deliver the product, he can request the buyer for a time extension.

3. Easy tracking of shipments for both Buyers & Sellers: Sellers will be required to enter the shipping details in My PaisaPay within the prescribed timelines. This will give buyers and sellers a quick reference point to know the shipment status thereby resulting in smooth communication between buyers & sellers.

4. Easy Refund Mechanism:

a. In case the seller is not able to ship the item: Seller can easily issue a refund to the buyer by not entering the shipping details within the prescribed timelines. In such cases PaisaPay will automatically issue a refund to the buyer. The sellers no longer need to follow the offline process of contacting PaisaPay Customer Support for issuing refund.

b. In case the buyer does not receive the item: If the buyer has not received the item within the prescribed timelines he has the option to raise a refund claim. In case the seller has delivered the item he will have 5 days to dispute the buyer’s claim. In case of any dispute between the buyer and seller on item delivery, PaisaPay’s decision will be final.

5. Seller Remittance on Buyer Confirmation: PaisaPay shall remit the money to the seller as soon as the buyer confirms item receipt or does not raise a refund claim in the prescribed timelines. Certain Qualified sellers will be eligible for Express Remittance.

6. Express Remittance for Qualified sellers: Sellers who qualify for Express Remittance will have their individual Express Remittance limit. Please note that Express Remittance is a privilege for sellers with strong business and good behaviour history on eBay. The option to offer this privilege to sellers will be at the sole discretion of PaisaPay.

7. Online Remittance to replace Demand Drafts: PaisaPay will remit seller’s money online to his bank account instead of mailing demand drafts. This will save both the courier & encashment time for the sellers. It will also mean no more cases of lost demand drafts.

8. Twice a week remittance cycle: PaisaPay will now be sending money to sellers twice a week (bi-weekly basis) replacing the process of weekly remittance.

9. All new My PaisaPay: The new ‘My PaisaPay’ in “My eBay”, will give buyers & sellers an easier interface to communicate with each other and stay updated on transaction details.

10. PaisaPay Phone Support to be extended to all seven days of the week: PaisaPay phone support will be extended to all seven days of the week (from current five days a week) from the month of December 07.

11. PaisaPay becomes mandatory: All listings will automatically offer PaisaPay as a mode of payment. Sellers can also offer other mode of payments. Sellers with 20 or less listings will be able to offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment. Read FAQ’s.

12. PaisaPay Invoice: To ease the process of reconciliation and accounting your PaisaPay transactions PaisaPay would be issuing a monthly Invoice to sellers.

13. eBay Buyer Protection remains the same: Buyers will continue to remain eligible for eBay Buyer Protection after time-out period. All other buyer protection features will remain the same. Read FAQ’s.

14. PaisaPay EMI Option: Sellers with 5 or more feedback will have the option to offer 3 and 6 month EMI in their listings, which can be availed by buyers paying via ICICI bank credit cards. Additional PaisaPay charges apply fro EMI transactions. Read FAQ’s

To avail the Enhanced PaisaPay facility from the week of December 3, 2007, all sellers will need to register again with PaisaPay and update their bank details here. We encourage you to update your details as soon as possible on this link. Read FAQ’s.

We understand that you might have questions to understand the changes better. Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, go through the details on this page and on the tutorial, contact our Customer Service team or post your questions on this thread.

We are very excited about these changes as we believe that this will help us in providing a high quality online shopping experience to our users and help in making eBay the favoured destination of online shoppers.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 239
latest reply
238 REPLIES 238

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi pc_gaming_store,

As you rightly said, you will receive the airway bill number as soon as you dispatch the product. Once you have entered the dispatch number, PaisaPay will assume that you have dispatched the product. The buyer might in any circumstance contact you to get clarification.

In case the buyer raises the refund request (because he would have not received the product), only then will PaisaPay ask for proof of delivery (happens even today in case of chargeback).

However, as suggested by another seller, I don’t think it is a good idea to use non-trackable shipping methods for national delivery. While they are cheaper alternatives, they have higher potential of compromising the buyer's experience (and at times even that of a seller’s). As I had said in a pervious post, for international shipments which take very long, it might be a good idea to encourage the buyer to pay via modes of payment which offer protection for longer period of time.

Before I end my post, I just wanted to leave you with a thought –
I understand and agree that the new system will change the way some sellers operate. However, I have often heard a lot of our sellers say that they prefer not to buy online because they are not sure of the experience they will get online. If this is the trust level that a seller has on online buying, we can easily imagine the concerns a buyer would have before he buys online. If we are able to modify our process to change that perception of the buyers, will we be taking a big leap towards increasing the potential of online business and therefore your business?

Regards,
Sapana
Message 161 of 239
latest reply

Sapanaji,

What a wonderful solution you have provided. Instead of leaving rigidity towards PaisaPay whimsical changes, you are suggesting that we should opt for other popular Payment method instead of Paisapay. On the one hand, you are Branding PaisaPay. We donot know which popular and safe method is available.

You have evaded my main query very cleverly. You have written if seller donot despatch within 50 days. But our concern is if we despatch within time, and buyer donot receive product in stipulated time, ebay will refund money and product is reaching afterwards, what will be the remedy ? No courier company except Speed Post carries Jewelleries overseas. How can we give guaranteed delivery period after despatching. We can only give guarantee of shipment time.

We are confident and sure, good high volume sellers will immediately out of Ebay in this process. We have also decided to list only low priced items if any justified remedy is not done. We cannot risk our high amount for TUGHALAKI decisions of Ebay. I hope, you will understand the spirit and will not evade main issue.

Thanking You,

Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Ebay Id: Sitare_Jewels
Message 162 of 239
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Sapana,

Kindly give a straight forward reply to this one .....

Do you suggest Sellers to use INDIA POST / SPEED POST for their National & International shipments ?

Your staright forward reply would help us to move forward in the New PaisaPay era with confidence. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 163 of 239
latest reply

Hello Sapana,

Thank you for your reply.

You said, "it might be a good idea to encourage the buyer to pay via modes of payment which offer protection for longer period of time."

So you yourself are discouraging us from using PaisaPay? That's fine with us. Integrate PayPal in to eBay India please. We shall gladly use it.

While you don't think it is a good idea to offer non-trackable shipping, that is the method that works. As fellow sellers have stated these shipping options offer services nobody else does.

Registered AirMail is trackable offline. If you take the Registered Parcel number to the postal department they will give you a status in 15 days. The problem here is that eBay is too lazy to move out of their office and do an investigation. They want to implement ideas without thought.

You or eBay don't think it's a good idea but does that matter? Who are the sellers facing everyday hassles? We! While we appreciate your canned responses saying yes you are important and such it is but empty vessels making the most notice.

We know eBay is not going to move back from it's rigid stance but it is our duty to bring forth our thoughts. Maybe that is why the market does not like eBay evident from the depressed shares of eBay Inc. Maybe that is why Google Checkout is increasing in popularity among online merchants.

For fellow sellers: Do you know eBay is planning to implement a change where eBay may automatically leave feedback for a buyer if he just pays on time. Read:

Sun Nov 18 2007 21:53:31

eBay is conducting a survey about feedback, and one question has some sellers upset at the idea that eBay might force them to leave positive feedback under certain circumstances. eBay asked survey recipients, "As a buyer, how would you prefer to receive Feedback?"

eBay gave survey takers a choice of three responses: "I want sellers to leave me Feedback rating and comments as they do today"; "When I have quickly paid for my item, sellers can only leave me positive Feedback"; and "When I have quickly paid for my items, eBay will automatically leave me positive Feedback."

You can read the story on the AuctionBytes homepage on Monday in the Newsflash section at the top of the page. We'll post updates here as they become available. Please leave your comments below.

Update 11/19/07: eBay spokesperson Catherine England responded by email to our inquiry about the survey:

As part of our ongoing evaluation of Detailed Seller Ratings we have surveyed members twice before with similar surveys. As part of the surveys, we sometimes ask members about other aspects of the Feedback system and different options.

Last week's survey was designed to gather input from members who had recently left Feedback.

We continually evaluate the efficacy of the current system and will survey our community from time to time about different options. It doesn't mean any changes are imminent.

As we discuss options we want to understand our member's opinions; they are an important data point, not the only data point but an important one.

Link:

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2007/11/1195440811.html
Message 164 of 239
latest reply

Dear Sapana

I got a call from ebay , saying that my branch can not be added in the list. (HDFC, C-Scheme Branch, Jaipur). The lady on the line said that I need to either open another Current Account or change the branch.

I can not get my branch changed for the following reasons, this is ridiculous.

- All of our International buyers have the current details of the bank.
- Other branches are too far from our office, we do not get proper services out there. And changing the bank all together is a difficult procedure. Changing the bank means getting IEC from another bank which is a tough job again.
- I need to receive the ebay payments ONLY in the current account.

Moreover, I do not understand why cant a Main Branch of a bank like HDFC be added in the list ??

I look forward to your response.

--
Thanks

Regards
Meenu Jain

Message 165 of 239
latest reply

areemtrading
Community Member
I must agree with most of the sellers posting their objections and doubts with the new Paisapay way of working. This is all to protect the buyer, but what about the seller??? As stated many times before most sellers are small and are just trying to get some extra income, all these extra rules will not help them. We operate on the basis of trust, that is the ebay way all over the world, why is it now different in India?

You are talking about Providing a "Delightful buyer experience" But what about the "Delightful Seller experience" Without sellers no buyers.

May main concerns are:
- what if an item was received and the buyer but it is not registered as received? Why do we as sellers now have to chase for our payment and open disputes? My past experiences with disputes and response from ebay has been negative so I am not very hopeful about the future here.
- All the extra work needed just to sell a small item, will it be worth it? I would rather start using some other sales channel in India now.
- why will Paisapay become mandatory? Is this to earn money on us sellers? I have many deliveries in town for which we can use COD, which is both cheaper for both the seller and the buyer and now we are both forced to use Paisapy, raising my cost as a seller.

Can anybody from Ebay / Paisapay comment on this please?
Cheers.
Message 166 of 239
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
Sapanaji.

In the previous posts,jaipur_fashion's pleas to add the main branch was unheard and thus resulted in the non addition of the branch to the list of paisapay registered branches.Customer care is the only way to get to contact the ebay team members and the paisapay team.

After a number of times,when it was turned down,one can imagine how "helpful" the customer care would be,when the new paisapay comes up.I have no hope of paisapay adding my branch,its all words.Nothing will be done.

Actually,the real question what i want to ask you is:-
WHY IS THERE A PROBLEM TO ADD MY BRANCH WHICH IS NEFT ENABLED TO YOUR LIST OF BRANCHES?
I just want to know as to why there is a delay.It is not hard to add so when it is NEFT enabled and MICR code available for transfer,that too the Zonal Office Branch in my city!!!

So,the result is that the "helpful" customer care is only going to work like this when the new paisapay is introduced.When disputes arise,dont expect the paisapay customer care guys to be busy working.Within no time,your money would be in the hands of the buyer.

So,Sapanaji,its time to say good bye for now.Like me,there would be lots of sellers going to quit selling for the time being.I will be a spectator viewing as to how everything is going on.Take care one and all!!
Adieos!!! :_| 😞

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 167 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi jaipur_fashions,

Seema (Your Account Manager) told me that your issue has been resolved. They will be adding your bank branch in the list. I hope your cold gets cured soon.

For benefit of all members from Jaipur - Please note that earlier the NEFT list that we received said "HDFC, D-54, SIDDI VINAYAK" which is also the "HDFC, C-Scheme Branch, Jaipur". We came to know about this when a seller pointed it out to us. We have updated the list. I hope sellers using the C scheme branch will not have a problem now.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 168 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi cochinmall,

First of all - Customer Support is not the only way to reach out to eBay and our users (you) are certainly not helpless. We are in this together and we will support you to whatever extent we can.

The challenge that we have is the NEFT list given by RBI often does not contain the right spelling, the users of the branch will know the branch by a different name and which might reflect differently in the list. In India it is common that one place is called by two names (Main Road and High Court Road are the names for the same road in my home town).

The challenge is that the list runs in thousands and we do not always have the expertise to know if the address that we have received is accurate. We are trying our best to clean the list. In case you get to know about any such branch in your home town, please let us know and we will make the adequate change in our list. If we are not able to add a branch because it is not in the list received by us, we are letting our users know that.

Once again, please know that Live Chat, Account Managers, Discussion Boards etc - are all places for you to reach out to us whenever you want.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 169 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

There has been some confusion regarding the exact timelines that will be available to both buyers and sellers. I am deleting the earlier examples and posting it again to avoid any confusion. Please feel free to write back with any quesitons.

Thanks,
Sapana

Hello All,

On reading certain posts and responses I thought of clarifying doubts around the Proof of Dispatch.

While dispatching any item through a courier the seller receives the dispatch details (Airway Bill No. /Docket No. / Tracking No. / Reference No.) These dispatch details are mentioned on the Proof of Shipment/Receipt provided by the courier company at the time of picking the consignment.

The seller needs to input the dispatch details such as Airway Bill No. /Docket No. / Tracking No. / Reference No. and the courier name within 7 days of receiving payment confirmation from PaisaPay for item deliveries within India and 10 days for deliveries outside India.

Sellers are not required to provide the hardcopy of the Proof of Shipment within these 7 days..

If the item is not delivered to the buyers within 10 days from inputting the dispatch detail then the buyer has additional 5 days to raise a claim for refund. Buyer can not raise the Refund Claim before the expiry of 10 days from the date of your inputting shipment details. In such a situation if the seller decides to appeal against the refund claim, he gets 5 days from the date of Refund Claim to appeal against the same by providing either:

• Hard copy of the Proof of Delivery (POD)
• Hard copy of Proof of Shipment for a online track able shipment

Lets see this through an example to understand the timeline better (for India shipping):

• Buyer Payment Date: 1 January

• PaisaPay Payment Confirmation (PC): 2 January 2:00 PM

• Window to enter shipment details: between 2 – 9 January 23:59 PM

• Actual date of entering shipment details (SD): 4 January 3:00 PM (say)

• Mandatory waiting time for the buyer to receive shipment: 10 days from date of entering SD i.e. not before 14 January 23:59 PM

• Window given to buyer to raise a Refund Claim (RC): 5 days from the expiry of 10 day waiting timeframe (as mentioned above) i.e. between 14 – 19 January 23:59 PM

• Actual date of buyer raising the Refund Claim: 16 January 4:00 PM

• Time given to seller to appeal against the RC by providing the scanned copy of the POD: 5 days from the date of Refund Claim i.e. between 16 – 21 January 23:59 PM

As you can see in the best case scenario (shipment on 2nd day / buyer raising refund claim on day 2), you actually get 19 days (between 2 January 2:00 PM and 21 January 3:59 PM) to provide us with the POD copy.

You will get much more time for International shipping.

Also in case your shipment is track able online, you don’t even need to send the POD as proof of shipment would be sufficient.

Also for the Proof of Delivery, if the sellers have online tracking available with their courier companies then the status is updated within 2-3 days of delivery. Any good courier service company in India does not take less than 7 days to deliver any item across

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 170 of 239
latest reply