As a " BUYER " from GEB, why am I being asked to provide KYC details only required from SELLERS ?

I have been a long time ebay member, and have made a number of purchases from Global Easy Buy ( GEB ) ever since this service was started.  95% of my GEB purchases were totally problem free, while 5% had problems.

Now with my latest purchase from GEB, tracking details are yet to be posted, but I have received email from i2cseller*******@****com asking me to provide KYC documents in order to arrange customs clearence and delivery ! !  This has never been the case before, and on checking Ebay announcements, I find that KYC documents ARE required FROM SELLERS who have received more than Rs.50,000.00 via PaisaPay.

What is this nonsense ! !  If the item purchased was for a HUGE amount I might understand, but in this case, the Dollar value is about $22.00. If I am required to provide photograph, proof of residence, PAN card copy, etc. for every GEB purchase, then this will have been my last purchse from GEB. As we all know, GEB and 12c***sellers NEVER reply to any email query, yet have sent me 2 email demanding KYC documents to be scanned and emailed back to them for before delivery can be affected. UPSURD ! !

View Entire Topic

As per the existing directions of the Customs Dep, the customs clearing Houses have to maintain  a Know Your Customer dossier of the person who has imported an item from abroad, irrespective of the amount involved.. But this is onoly a one time requirement and you need not produce the proof again, if you have already submitted the documents earlier.

I also had to produce the  scanned copies of the authorisation letter and AAdhar card at the time of my first purchae. I had not to produce the documents the second time and I had informed the international reseller I2C world that the documents are already available with them.

I do  share your views about the irresponsiveness of the international reseller with regard to our emails. They usually never care to respond to our mails. So I had to contact their office by phone, so many times.

For your informtion..you need to send scanned copy of  ONLY ONE photo identity. AAdhar card would suffice, if you have one.

Ask a Question