As a " BUYER " from GEB, why am I being asked to provide KYC details only required from SELLERS ?

I have been a long time ebay member, and have made a number of purchases from Global Easy Buy ( GEB ) ever since this service was started.  95% of my GEB purchases were totally problem free, while 5% had problems.

Now with my latest purchase from GEB, tracking details are yet to be posted, but I have received email from i2cseller*******@****com asking me to provide KYC documents in order to arrange customs clearence and delivery ! !  This has never been the case before, and on checking Ebay announcements, I find that KYC documents ARE required FROM SELLERS who have received more than Rs.50,000.00 via PaisaPay.

What is this nonsense ! !  If the item purchased was for a HUGE amount I might understand, but in this case, the Dollar value is about $22.00. If I am required to provide photograph, proof of residence, PAN card copy, etc. for every GEB purchase, then this will have been my last purchse from GEB. As we all know, GEB and 12c***sellers NEVER reply to any email query, yet have sent me 2 email demanding KYC documents to be scanned and emailed back to them for before delivery can be affected. UPSURD ! !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a Question