cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what is wrong with GEB- and how to improve it?

suhail_spa
Community Member
the topic says it all...
all comments are welcome!
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

suhail_spa
Community Member
well...to begin with:

- tracking packages is way too inefficient and at time inaccurate
- more re-sellers required, apart from just 'i2cworld'. this will bring healthy competition, and of course more choices
- dedicated toll-free line for GEB
- should be a way to contact the seller, at least after payment is made. this will bring in more clarity to buyers

these are just a few to begin with...
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
Well when ic2world started trading they were really efficient and prices were low........BUT NOW ๐Ÿ˜ž
Now 1800-105- this number is dead.
Calling on Mumbai land line is also of no use.
This time of Deepawali it is most inefficient seems whole staff is on leave.
Even ebay india people can not talk to international reseller (as told by claim adjuster) so how can we expect to talk to reseller.
My 5 transactions were refunded so it means GEB is hit or miss deal
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

rakesh_1961
Community Member
I am an old buyer of GEB. I understand there are three parties-- Buyer, reseller"i2cworld" and seller. Recently had a very bad experience. Some suggestions to improve--

There should be a way for buyer to converse with seller directly about the item and to be sure about the quality, suitability and warranty or service support before buying.
This could be done by providing a web link of the seller in the product page.

After buying process is complete there should be a provision for detailed written feedback for the reseller instead of the cryptic small one so that others may benefite from it. In the previous feedbacks of the reseller"i2cworld" there should be full product visual and technical descriptions, so that others may have a feel of the product from the third parties if they decide to buy it.

Moreover buyer should have a feedback for the "seller", which "int. reseller" should duly post to the seller. Otherwise seller may go scotfree without a bad feed back even if he ships a bad product. Seller can do this when he finds that the buyer is i2cworld.

If the seller or the manufacturer provides only local warranty support, and unfortunatly the buyer happens to need it, then the reseller should help the buyer with free shipping and back to the seller or manufacturer for the warranty implementation. (He may get an insurance cover for that in a general way or case to case basis with an option to the buyer to bear it during the buying process)

And lastly but not the least, 'ICCWORLD' the official courier of 'i2cworld'should ensure that the consignment status should be updated promptly in their website. And of course i2cworld should be generous in cummunication with the buyer
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
well I think Icc world is sister concern of i2cworld.
2nd almost all items are taken from ebay.com so you can locate item either through seller id or putting item name in ebay.com (not ebay.in)
What I feel is that iccworld has shortage of staff.
Regarding availing guarantee I dont think that anybody will bother to take it back to USA then handover to service center than collect and send it back to India(imagine the kind of cost & effort)
No one has pointed out that I2c seller DOES NOT provide original purchase receipt (that could be useful as some items like laptops are covered under international warranty)
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

suhail_spa
Community Member
i think it is the policy of i2cworld to drag the timeline till the end (of 30 day window, for filing for refund).
This is not ethical.
It should be fair, and more clear to the buyers. That's why the shipment tracking system is- the way it is- unreliable.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

macroshooter
Community Member
I think the only way to improve GEB is to replace all the existing people and processes presently associated with GEB and start over.

The GEB thing didn't work except for perhaps i2c/eBay India making a fast buck out of innocent buyers. I know of many people whose order has been cancelled without them being told about it. Worse yet -- there have been people who have been prvided fake tracking numbers. So even if they "ship" it by the deadline, you can never be sure whether they have actually bough and shipped, or they are just playing with your money until you realize and file a refund.

Ok -- so what's their interest in "keeping" your money? I have heard that PaisaPay releases payment immediately to certain priviledged buyers (and I'm sure i2cworld has to be one of them). So I will not be surprised even if it turns out that they are doing day trading on the stock market with the buyers money with the blessing of their eBay patrons. After all -- eBay India is a privately held company and we all know what goes on in such companies.

Just now I called up to followup on couple items for which today is the last date of delivery. For the most part their line is either engaged or not answered. Today I got into an endless loop of "transferring your call to the operator-- please wait, you are in the queue" nonsense.

At this point eBay.in/i2C is starting to look like a collusive family business type.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

suhail_spa
Community Member
@macroshooter
i think they use this money as 'working capital'
:-)
anyway, i had a little hope that i would return for shopping with GEB..but with my latest experience here- i would not.
at least not until they clean up this mess
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

macroshooter
Community Member
I was supposed to received the two items nearly an week ago. When I filed for refund the lowly characters at i2c had the audacity to issue an appeal against one and put it on hold.

Today was the last date of delivery of another one -- they failed that one too. I'll file for refund tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

The shameless people at eBay India in charge of GEB should have resigned long ago (unless GEB's business model itself is bulit around frauds like this which isn't impossible either) but looks like they're still employed. If it were a publicly held company their heads would have rolled by now.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

meena.b.kunnath
Community Member
'i2c' is really PATHETIC..
I made an order and waited for the product more than 1 month..No response fro my messages...@ last made arequest for refund and they put it hold..refund approved mesaage came day before yesterday..I dunno it's done or not..please don't buy from i2c...If u want ur product in time never ever buy from them.no responsibility!!
Message 10 of 18
latest reply