cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

help!recieved a totally dammaged item seller asks for more to ship new item

faransqi_09
Community Member
Dear all, I am describing my case in short here.

i purchased PANASONIC VIERA THP42C10D 42" PLASMA TV !WARRANTY! NEW (#270493568475)in the deals of the weekfrom solardigicam -Delhi on 09 Dec 2009 and paid an amount of Rupees 37,290/- almost instantaneously through PaisaPay from my ICICI account through net banking on e-bay.i waited for the item since it was a good deal sensing the item not being shipped for some time i contacted the seller. there were long discussions with the seller who asked me to arrange way bills Form 50(meant for dealers who are importers or wholellers)for which i ran around,but to no avail tax autorities when asked me about TAN/TIN numbres which i was unaware still tried my best . i informed the seller about my inability to arrange 1. i waited eagerly untill the last day of his timeline of shipping there was no news of shipping the item from his side. on last day i was informed that this item has been shipped. i continously tracked the item it on courier site showed that was delivered at Allahabad approximately 700 kms away from my location when i contacted the reciver he was a diffrent man with diffrent item . worried i contacted the seller who told me the same old story of Form 50 without which the state of W.B shall not let my item being shipped in the state i again did the running around with same result itold the seller the same. Finally, frustrated, i initiated the refund but the seller put this refund on hold he informed me that he has reshipped my item through new courier company when i asked him what about the details he had given me about wrong shipment he did not answered my question and told me that in all this trouble 1 of his tv got broken but he is sending me my item with all clearences which should reach me by 25 Dec 2009. i waited for the item it finally arrived on 28 Dec 2009 i asked the courier company to get open check being a fragile item and the no of transshipment it took before reaching me ,but this opportunity was denied to me by the courier company since courier was to be recieved by me first as it aws a non insured (as is where is basis Courier booking)Being non insured and free shipping to me by the seller i had to accepted the item since even there were no signs of physical dammage from outside and i was given opportunity only to inspect visually . finding no dammages from outside either to the caton or to the wooden jali i accepted the item at courier office ,But still i opened this item at the courier company's office. when i opened the item i found the display screen completely shattered from inside but the front panel was intact which surprised me and that carton packing too was intact, there was no other coushioning other than that of the and the flimsy Wooden jaliof three grids of AAM wood from outside the carton.
thereafter my worst nightmare started i frantically called up the dealer and e bay the dealer asked me to pay additional Rs 10000/- for reshipping the item. i then called e bay who had put my money on hold to provide replacement or my money back . therefter i kept on calling e bay without any satisfactory reply from e bay executives with diffrent suggestions ranging from reshipping the item to the seller to talking and resolving the matter with the buyer finally i reported the matter in ebay resolution center. the next day to my horrors i found through that my money on hold request was turned down and the money was released to the seller. seeing all my effort going in vain again i called up the customer service executive who told me to hold the item till the painstaking finallization of my complaint resolution. which might take upto40 days, so here i am stuck with the junk costing me approximately 40,000/-of my hard earned savings and still waiting for a solution .
since this was a non insured item the courier company absolves itself from the problem and offers the little money approximately Rs 150/-(one hundred fifty only) as damages for acceptance of the shipment -that too at the booking agency at Delhi to the sender in this case again the seller.
Please help and advise me how to get my hard earned money back.
E- Bay please pay attention and please process my case of refund as fast as possible.
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

faransqi_09
Community Member
not as yet i m in communication with the seller who agreed to take damaged item back & refund the amount to me.i hv sent the item 2day through a person who will physically deliver the item hopefully it reaches to him by day after morning and hoping the issue is resolved amicably. waiting till then.will keep u guyz posted with latest updates on this issue.
Thanks to all of u who have supported my concerns and given ur valuable time.
Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Dont deliver material back by Hand.

You will never able to prove to ebay if supplier claims
non-return of Item.

Do it only by online traceable courier else you might regret

Sam
Message 22 of 43
latest reply

faransqi_09
Community Member
I have followed all the procedures of e bay and their time lines as described on e-bay thereafter i initiated my claim under the buyers protection programme, i am in touch with Mr Ashish Gupta of e-bay who is appointed as claim adjuster from e-bay since he has told me to send this item physically thats why i am doing so and the damaged TV will be handed over to him or his representative only on handing over the cashto my representative by Mr Harsh Nagpal or his representative who will pick up the dammaged TV from my representative whose details i have passed to Mr Ashish The Adjuster from e-bay and i am constantly updating him on all my actions.Thanks to all of u guyz i shall be keeping all of updated and writing all the procedures how i went about once this issue is resolved.
Message 23 of 43
latest reply

prakash_rathore
Community Member
i just saw the items of the seller.all items he sells are with dealer warranty beacuse there is no manufacturer warranty with it.They all are grey market products.If somethings happens to it company wont do anything.
eBay promoting such kind of sellers on their homepage??Why
Message 24 of 43
latest reply

prakash_rathore
Community Member
i also purchased the same plasma from the same seller.Its working fine but after that i realised what is dealer(Fake) warranty & hope everything goes fine in future.
Message 25 of 43
latest reply

faransqi_09
Community Member
Dear all,
Thanks a millions for all your support and good wishes. Buying this item was a harrowing Expirence on e-bay for me .
THE GOOD NEWS IS I FINALLY GOT MY MONEY BACK 37290/-.After so many calls and repeated reminders my exprence says that 50% of customer care executives on e bay have half cocked knowledge and rather confused me in retaining this damaged item or sending it back to the seller after initial understanding between myself and the seller for delivering this item back physically to him and obtaining a receipt, or else this issue should had been solved the moment i recieved first call From mr Harsh Nagpal. Yes i would admit here that Mr sunil Nagpal's conversations really made me worried who initially asked me Rs 10,000/- for replacement:
"hello e-bay u may use my recorded conversations for training programmes of ur CC Execs coz i feel i asked a wide ranging questions on phone which for which 50% CCE's were found wanting to give a consoling reply to a worried customer and guide him properly"
Secondly i would advice e-bay to cut down time drastically in decision making in refund cases for better compliability with the buyers .
Last but not the least Thanks A Lot Mr ASHISH GUPTA who was the adjuster in my case of refund who meticulously handled both parties and Mr Harsh Nagpal my seller.

"Buyers- Be careful on deals ask the couriers for open deliveries only then sign POD"
best wishes and happy buying
Message 26 of 43
latest reply

Glad to hear that you got your refund.How you got refund directly by Harsh Nagpal Or eBay provided back in your bank.How you returned the item back to Harsh Nagpal.

Congrats
Message 27 of 43
latest reply

solardigitalcam
Community Member
dear all ,
i am harsh nagpal from solardigitalcam . i am the seller for the item which faransqi_09 had bought from me , it was a plasma tv 42" which got broken in transit by the courier company . i did not reply on the board earlier just because i wanted the case to be resolved and then come on discussion board.
i would first like to ask shine_of_diamond that whether even ones we denied refund to him or asked anything from him , the only thing we wanted from this buyer was to check the item infront of the courier people so that if there is any breakage on the item then there is no extra shipping cost charged to him or us to send it back.

now i would like to tell shine_of_diamond that the tv sent to him and to faransqi_09 were not same. we don't have such cheap thinking sir. this tv was listed on the deal of the week when 15 buyers had bought this item ,out of this 3 tv's got broken in transit by courier, for which we got no refund/compensation from either courier (no insurance )or by ebay india (who wanted us to sell the item at a low margin) , we had to given free shipping to all buyers for this item that was the reason for no insurance done .unfortunately we had to bear all the losses as we were the sellers. i had refunded 2 buyers and sent a fresh tv to the third. I NEVER EVEN TRIED TO CHEAT OR AVOID THESE BUYERS CALL,BUT I DID DIVERT THERE CALLS TO MY STAFF SINCE I WAS OUT OF COUNTRY FOR A WEEK WHICH CREATED A CONFUSION.

a seller can not grow if he does all this (cheating fraud) with there business. some of ebay reputed sellers and ebay staff had visited us last week and had noticed 3 broken 42" plasma tv at our office.
In faransqi_09 case the problem was that we wanted our item back before we could refund the buyer. I THINK IT IS JUSTIFIED FOR A SELLER TO ASK FOR HIS ITEM BACK BEFORE GIVING A REFUND AND FARANSQI_09 UNDERSTOOD

NOT EVEN ONES I DENIED REFUND TO THE BUYER....

friends i am selling on every possible online market and i have a very well settled offline business today and never had that thinking of cheating my buyers or doing any fraud with anyone , i have a good reputation on ebay and all sellers on ebay know this ..... i cannot do anything like my friend shine_of_diamonds had stated .
faransqi_09 has already got his refund and has posted A POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR ME through ebay but i dont know why he has not told you people about that.... i was always ready to refund him offline in full but he wanted the refund through ebay (WHICH TOOK SO MUCH TIME) otherwise this issue would have closed much early .
i would ask any buyer who had dealt with me in past and feels he/she got cheated by me to come forward and tell me.... i am sure i will not have any.

friends a seller who cheats his buyers on ebay does not stay long on ebay....not even ones i had any intentions of cheating anyone who had dealt with me .

i would just want the buyers to communicate with me about all concerns they have , i will be more than happy to help them all.....

thanks guys hope you understand me well in future.

regards
harsh nagpal
SOLAR DIGITAL CAM
Message 28 of 43
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
This Discussion is heated up a lot, and am happy to hear that finally a solution is reached. I am sadly curious about one thing- @solardigitalcam, sir out of total 15 TV's you sold 3 got broken and with no insurance. Doing my math right- That is loss of RS 1,20,000. I am not sure your margins would have made up for that. Who gained out of it? Buyer's not happy, you lost time and money? May be its time to rethink for us all..Also ebay staff not involving in this discussion appears weird to me. Many potential electronic buyers may have lost interest after this mishap discussion in here.
Message 29 of 43
latest reply

@solardigicams
Nice to hear from you.

1.We should always check the item before accepting the item.Ok but how you didn't asked the courier company to do open delivery.They always say we received it in packed condition & delivering you in the same.Its impossible to check in front of courier delivery guys unless you ask them them to do open delivery.

2.You never said you wont not refund the amount.Ok So why you claimed appealed against my refund knowingly I returned It.You failed to supply POD to eBay otherwise I might have lost my money, You also asked faransqi_09 for Rs.10000 more to ship new item.Haven't you check the posts below.

3.Why you are blaming eBay to sell items at low prices.I,ll purchased another Plasma T.V. from a nagpur seller on eBay He provided me a open delivery & also offered Free Installation by L.G. Guys & the product is covered by Manufacturer Warranty Not Dealer(Seller) Warranty.The Products which offers dealers warranty are all grey market products.If somethings happens to TV after 2-3 months what can i do send the TV back to Delhi? & I found the same TV grey market one for 35000.I realised this thing after the purchase from you.Thanks for that.

Shine_of_Diamond
Message 30 of 43
latest reply