What to do if seller doesn't leave feedback?

Hi There,

i ordered a item i got it on time, i left the positive feedback for seller ,but its been months tilll now seller didnt give any feedback till now i have mailed him ,called him still no effect, Does ebay can help ?

Abhi

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Giving feedback is voluntary, not mandatory. At present I have a feedback count of 72, but there have been plenty of deals for which I gave a positive feedback without receiving one in return.

You just have to accept that the seller is either lazy or inconsiderate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Giving feedback is voluntary, not mandatory. At present I have a feedback count of 72, but there have been plenty of deals for which I gave a positive feedback without receiving one in return.

You just have to accept that the seller is either lazy or inconsiderate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply Sir really appreciated....................

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As mentioned earlier, leaving feedback is voluntary.

However, you can try to persuade your seller to leave feedback by killing them with kindness.

Be genuine, call them up and  appreciate the sale and how things went smoothly and how you have enjoyed the product.

Ask them politely if they would consider leaving feedback. 

If they do, great otherwise it is not a big deal. It doesnt hurt to try if you are looking for good feedback 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

But as a Seller on ebay you can ask for feedback by checking on Awaiting feedback buyers & email them through ebay for feedback reminder.

But in that case lot of buyers intend to give low dsr stars & also neutral as they do not know the real worth of feedback on ebay & also the system of feedback.

Selling Manager on ebay has a very good option of sending email to buyers asking for lot of things & also promotion. Its a worth tool to have.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Given that feedback is voluntary, it is a challenge.

I have good set of initial buyers but none of them offer feedback (looks like it is not their style, based on their profile history).

I haven't received a response from them to my messages too. As a seller, I have to respect that and move on.  I have given them good feedback and can only pray that good karma will come back later 🙂

I also try to build credibility by genuinely trying to help others on this forum. 

There are also some sellers who get great feedback (98%+ good ratings) and then they start offering bad service. So, feedback is also not a fool proof way of a smooth transaction.  Oh well! 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply