cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seller replaced a defective item with another defective one.

thescorpios81
Community Member
I bought a Nokia charger http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390068331846 which was labelled 100% genuine Nokia. I paid for the item and it was delivered within three days. When I opened it, it didnt look like a genuine one but anyway I plugged in to power socket, it smelt of burnt wire and it wasnt working .. So I mailed the seller and he told me it under warranty so you send the piece back and we'll ship the replacement. I did so (wasted another 50 bucks) and the seller did ship a replacement .. But as soon as I plug in the charger, the same old story. This new charger is also defective. I emailed the seller that I am not going to ship this one back (and waste more money).
I really doubt seller's intensions now and I am really tempted to give a negative feedback to him.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

spl_ind
Community Member
Giving negative feedback is like taking a revenge. It has no advantage at all. Your problem will still remain unsolved. What you can do is just ask for a full refund. When you get your money back, simply visit your nearest Nokia shop and buy a new charger. Finally, you may consider giving him a neutral feedback. After all, the seller never made the product, its the company who manufactured it. If you suspect the item to be a fake, then you can verify it by visiting your nearest Nokia shop and showing it to the staff.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

thescorpios81
Community Member
Posting a negative feedback has at least one advantage. Other buyers will take caution in doing business with the seller .. True it doesnt do me any good but that's how community is built ..
Anyway I am yet to receive a reply for my email from him which I sent on Saturday .. I'll wait for two days and then I'll give him a negative feedback.
Going by his feedback, lately he's recieved a lot of negative feedback already so I am sure Ebay will look into this.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

thescorpios81
Community Member
Wow .. I wonder why it went up before your post when I replied to your post only.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
What went up?
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

vipul1955
Community Member
As I go through various suggestions offered by ebay in case of complaint with the seller; i think ebay is making us believe that its wise for the buyer to keep quite and get the things resolved through the seller through polite requests. Once the buyer has made payment; he is simply at the mercy of the seller. The sellers, who know the poor quality of the product employ delay tactice and ensure passage of 7 days money back period.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi thescorpios81,

the post went above becuase the disucssion boards follow a policy of last in first out. This ensures that fresh posts are on top.

Also, I hope your problem with the seller gets sorted out.

Hi vipul1955,

eBay like to see that the transaction goes smoothly. We normally encourage user communicaiton becuase most problems get sorted out by communication. However, we also have a strong buyer proteciton program to cover our buyers in cases that do not get resolved by Communication.

Cheers!
Sapana
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

thescorpios81
Community Member
Well.. I left a neutral feedback as the seller says "my power socket might be the problem" which isnt actually as right now my lappy is connected to the very power socket.
He insists that he sent a genuine charger after checking. Anyway I am going to block that seller and hope not many people gets duped by him.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hi,
Why did you not ask for refund?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

vipul1955
Community Member
(ebay item 150360888069).
I am trapped in a deal as I bought a dual sim i9+++ phone from game_mastr.I was not able to charge the mobile through cable supplied with the set. The seller was too dull on responding my complaints. He phoned me up only after I submitted negativev feedback. He pleaded very politely to remove the negative feedback and was virtually crying for the lose he would suffer because of the negative feedback. He promised me to solve all problems. I believed him and done everything to get the negative feedback removed.

He sent me a defective cable as replacement for the defective one. When I phoned him; he accepted that the set is spurious and promised replacement and that he would arrange to collect the set from me through a courier

Now he is not arranging to pick up the mobile from me for replacement. I am afraid; if i send the phone back; even this would go out of my hands.

Whats the remady for such a situation ?
Message 10 of 13
latest reply