cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive failed with in couple of weeks

I have purchased Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (Blue) on 30/10/2016 and received the item on 08/11/2016.

On 19/11/2016, I have registered a claim with eBay Guarantee with claim no. 2500093 for the reason disc not working and they rejected the claim with advise “Your claim has been rejected. Reason :We have checked the details of your claim, and noticed that your item is under manufacturer warranty. You are requested to approach nearest service center of your product manufacturer.”

As I reside in a small town where I cannot get any authorised service centre of Segate, I had to contact segate via e mail.

After a series of communication, it was confirmed that the disc is failed and warranty is not applicable for this disc with the comment “drive doesn't carry warranty in India as the drive was shipped from the US so we may not be able to provide warranty support for your drive in India. In this situation, we request you to contact your point of sale for further assistance.” 

Once again I wrote to ebay furnishing the warranty rejection by the OEM and got a response to contact the seller for any assistance in this case.........

Just now, I have mailed the seller with the details and waiting like a foot ball for his his kick........ which can be a goal or a pass.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0