Please advise on Global Easy Buy Purchase.

aslucknow
Community Member
Hi,

I intend to buy a power supply unit for XBOX console (INR 2692) from a seller in the US via reseller "i2cworld_inc3". I want to know if this reseller is trusted or if people have had bad experiences with them on GEB purchases. In case I do not get the item or I am dissatisfied with it will I get full refund?

Secondly, I can purchase the same item from a seller in UK not using Global Easy Buy at around INR 1700. I would like to know how much customs tax will i need to pay for this electronic component. Is it advisable to buy directly from foreign sellers?

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

keshav_overseas
Community Member
all ebay is fraud
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

bml-enterprise
Community Member
I received a coupon of 250 from ebay global buy but there is no item less than 500. lol :^O
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

present2011
Community Member
Quote:"Feel free to reach out to them at 1800-103-1050 or geb@ebay.com or reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com and I'd happy to answer your queries"

1800-103-1050 this phone number does not work.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

shibutripathi
Community Member
Hi folks!

If everybody is facing problems with global purchase made from US through E-Bay, then why people are making same mistakes again and again..
I am not gonna buy anything from it and dont you think that our Indian seller are not only at par with global vendors, but also they are more human and approachable than the US lechers.
You must understand that E-bay is not going to help in global purchases as they are just providing web space and a medium to providing US products in Indian market.

Neither they control customs in India nor they have any direct authority over global resellers. So stop cursing E-Bay for it and be smart, purchase items from Indian Sellers,it will give you a good night sleep and a working item with reasonable money.Remember, whether you purchase from Indian sellers or from US resellers, everything is made in China only so why to get lured by global/sold from US kinda jargons.

as much as i understand, purchase and delivery on GEB works like this:

**Seller from US list some item X on E-Bay GEB and can make this item available to i2c world inc for resell::

**You purchase the item in INR, thinking that it will get deliver within 15 days or so...

**reseller i2C world purchase the Item X from original seller in US: May cause delay as US lechers are lazy when they get money in advance..

**Seller ships the item to i2c world in US:

** reseller Ship it through USPS to india, when they have sufficient items to ship in a big package, they wont ship a tiny packet and loose money on multiple transits, so delay adds:

** Item arrives at HUB of USPS in India, either in Delhi or in Mumbai or may be in timbaktoo god knows .

** Custom and other formalities takes place @ indian sarkari speed:: delay got multi fold..

***USPS is not having any tracking during this time frame,

** You have become impatient till then and filed for money back, writing curses for GEB, calling customer care person, sending e-mail to Prashant and what not.....

*** after formalities and paper work, item routed via EMS..I dont know whether they still use kabooters for post or may be person on cycles..item may get broken, lost..
Delay.......

If you are lucky enough , you will get it within 45 days else "Lootate hai sab ke sab 😞 , i will never purcahse anything blah blah blah..."""

Please update my little knowledge which i gathered by reading all your community posts.

Choice is yours. Whether you want to save some chum changes and buy product from Global Ebay and then start complaining thereafter or... pay little extra , purchase within India and be satisfied..

Shivendra
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

suhail_spa
Community Member
dear shivendra,
I second that.
this GEB format leaves MUCH to be desired.

there is little clarity on where is the item you purchased, or when will it arrive, or what to do when you get a wrong item. you will just end up getting your hard earned money getting stuck for weeks.
is it something wrong with I2C-world, or the entire system of GEB?
I paid Rs 21000 for a watch purchased on GEB on 18-october. Item hasn't even left New York- as confirmed by I2C ( I was told that i2c received an 'item not as described', and so returned it. The seller hasn't even given a new shipment date). I am supposed to receive it by 10-november; but it seems impossible, as the item hasn't been shipped yet. It was though nice on the part of i2c to return the item to the seller- there itself; and saved ME taking all the trouble to do that.
Though I will file for refund on 10-november, and get my money back. But the bottomline is: Is it really worth taking all the trouble to purchase from GEB?
Some serious actions are required by Ebay, else it will loose popularity here..
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

macroshooter
Community Member
Having purchased from GEB for more than a year with amount totalling over 1,00,000/-

To the question

"Please advise on Global Easy Buy Purchase"

I have a brief but sensible advice :

"Don't!"
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

kavya02sha
Community Member
HI ALL,

PLEASE DON'T USE EBAY FOR BUYING PRODUCTS, I AM A CUSTOMER OF EBAY BOUGHT PRODUCTS THROUGH EBAY SO FAR.

ON DIWALI I PURCHASE A TRANSCEND MP3 PLAYER FROM EBAY, THIS PRODUCT HAS "PENDRIVE" FREE FOR DIWALI DEALS.

I GOT THE TRANSCEND MP3 PLAYER BUT NOT THE DIWALI PENDRIVE THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL BE SENDING SEPARATELY, BUT THEY SEND THE EMPTY PACKAGE TO ME WITH NO PENDRIVE ON IT.

WHEN I SEND MAIL TO THEM THEY ARE NOT RESPONDING TO THE MAIL.

SO FAR THEY DIDT RESPONDED TO ME RELATED TO THIS ISSUE.

SHAJI
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Hi!

I just had to ask that is it safe to buy from GEB.in because I just bought an item a week before and wanted to confirm that it'll reach me or not otherwise I'll cancel it!

So please can you just tell me that how was your experience when you ordered any costly item on GEB and how and when did it reach you!???

Thank You!

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Dear Concern

Previously, I had purchased an item fom i2cworld. I must say that I had no problem whatsoever with the vendor and I got an item in the mint condition, exactly same as I had ordered on GEB.

Thanks 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

How do i contact the international seller.There is no way to communicate with the seller and sort out various issues,

Message 20 of 21
latest reply