cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the verge of filing a legal complaint, Ebay Support-Useless

prajith_n
Community Member
Hi,

I had bought a mobile from GEB on 30-June-2010 and I received it on 12-July-2010.

I found that contrary to the listing, the phone does not have a IMEI number and hence is illegal to import or buy in the country but allowed by ebay geb.
This is not any cheap stakes devices, its over 17K samsung smartphone that I am talking about.

I promptly raised a issue in the ebay court under the ebay guarantee program and also made a call to ebay support who suggested the same. The issue was raised on 13-July-2010.

Since then:

-I have made more than 20 calls in the last 15 days asking for update and all i get is
"Sir, I assure you a callback from our side within 2 hours. Please give me my feedback before disconnecting the call."

- I was told the name of the claim adjuster who is so unprofessional that he called me on the 21st day of raising the complaint to ask me for a final deadline of 5 more days and yet no reply.

- I have noted the names of each and every ebay support executive who has made a false promise of callback to me and also the name of the claim adjuster who seems to be just happy to be on ebay's payroll and I doubt if he even comes to office. (I was told 4-5 times, "Sir your claim adjuster A****t has not come to office yet.")

-Today is the 12-Aug-2010, well beyond the ebay guarantee's deadline of 20 days to solve a issue.

I am contemplating a legal case in the consumer court and also as advised by my lawyer a FIR against ebay and support folks for unfair practice and cheating.

I want an opinion from the community before i go ahead.

Thanks,
Prajith
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How is it possible that a branded phone like Samsung does not have a IMEI no. Pl check, there must be some mistake somewhere. Samsung cannot make phones without IMEI no, unless what you have received is not original Samsung and is just a clone.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
i am sure phone is not genuine, ebay is useless that truth is well known
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Such phones are Demo or protypes, and that is why they are sold at lesser values then the market, you can go and embed a valid imei number on the same for 500 to 750rs as normal chinese mobile dealers do, there is no technical support in eBay otherwise they would have helped you similarly, ask your operator to help for such imei embedding cells, or go to small time chinese mobile seller on street he will gleefully do it for 500 to 750rs, Then you could use it, this is a step if you want resolution and donot have sufficient time money or efforts and even the vengence mode against eBay.

If well you do have all the above and want to get the heck something out of eBay you could raise a item not as described and also a eBay guarantee claim and even ask your credit card company to get the payment stopped and ask the us seller about what should be done ???.

Well do let us know which model did you buy, is there a sticker behind it saying call samsung helpline .
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
Dear prajih,

Indeed eBAY is not atall helpfull for Buyers. eBAY all gurantee program only for seller and eBAY must ensure that seller should recive the money. eBAY is not at all concern. Whether is happening with buyer!! I have doubt know the eBAY having strong nexus with seller to cheat buyers.

See My case POSTED. i HAVE Been hareshed by both seller as well as eBAY. Seller confirmed receipt of payment on 30/07/2010 and till date neither item has sihped nor money has refunded. Just i am posting judgement of appeal made by me. Tanscript of judgement is given below:
Dear Juty Members,

In my opinion this is most unreasonable and unlawful justification. It means, in opinion of eBAY court jury meners should not express their honest fedback against the seller. If the buyer cheated to Buyesr.

I like to submit the ID of all jury members participated in justification of judgement. Please provide me the eBAY ID of Jury members.

Jury members appears to be biosed and in favour of seller only. There is know protection for buyer at eBAY.

Here is the TRANSCRIPT of Judgement given by the eBAY on 09/08/2010 against my Appeal as follows:

Subject: Re: NB%P10008 View Case-Unpaid Item Appeal [#IN IN ?01 -01 ] (KMM32702495V35119L0KM) Received: 09-Aug-2010
Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. My name is Madhukar and I am happy to
assist you further with your concern pertaining to item no-270606061557.

I want to assure you that you do not have and will not receive an Unpaid
Item for this item.

The confirmation letter you received simply helps us keep track of
sellers who may be abusing the refund process.

I trust the information provided has been useful. Do let us know, if you
have any questions

Regards,

Madhukar D.
eBay Trust and Safety Team
UNQUOTE

My question to eBAY Court and Administration:

1. Was the appeal jugement carries any values?
2. If yes then how the JURY acetain and contradict Appeal Judgement.
3. The all process are bogus?

Attention jury members, I student from your unjustified and unlawfl judgement. It is biased judgement and no way in interest of buyer.

Moreover, I will drag this matter to Indian Court of Law against eBAY as well as the seller under the provision of IPC under 406 & 420.

My feedback should be removed. Seller directly cheated me. It was also confessed by eBAY against my APPEAL Judgment.

Thanks

You know most surising judgement that the eBAY Court awraded judgement in Favour of seller.

I am also contemplating a legal case in the consumer court and also as advised by my lawyer a FIR against ebay and support folks for unfair practice and cheating.

I am contemplating another case in the high court against ebay and support folks for unfair practice and cheating with eBUYS. eBAY should stop operation in India?

All the support channel in ebay for buyers are bogus. eBAY sold tyhemself in hand of seller.

I am totaly agree with you. Indeed you should go ahead for Indian Court of Law rather to depening on eBAY support team and Court. Totaly bogus and meaningless
Thanks RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

lovely.shikha
Community Member
Never Trust on Ebay and Their Seller as I am suffering from ebay since last 3 month. Nobody is giving me response. Sometime say that refund is approved and sometime say that its rejected. without notify me and without any reason they can do anything. all are cheaters till now my amount has not refunded.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

souvik13
Community Member
I don't get it. Why buy electronics online? IMO, These sites are good for things like music, games, movies, books and possibly apparel but anything over 10,000; You'd do better at a real store where you can interact with the support staff face to face.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ecstasyankit
Community Member
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ebay-India-Fraud/145674982214636?ref=ts&fref=ts
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

same problem i had .i had buyed a mobile .after 20 days they are seller is refunded your money .but i did not get the refund nor the mobile.
ebay is cheating to me .
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Nobody should trust eBay promises!!

Whichever I got experience from ebay cust represetative is just making fake promises without taking any responsibility.

I think no one is listening to the recordings made while calling ebay represntative.

Such a worst experience from whole ebay system.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply