cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My payback points were deducted even though the transaction failed. What to do?

animita
Community Member

Please help.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

kga00
Community Member
I tried to redeem points on ebay. It was successfully redeemed but when I tried to make remaining payment through credit card, there was some problem. The transaction did not complete. However my payback points got deducted.

When I called your customer care, I was told to wait for 4 days. Are you expecting me to wait for 4 days for resolution??? I can't use my points when I need then what's the use? This is pathetic customer service. I would have expected you to sort it out with payback in a day or two. 4 days is too long for anything!! In this competitive world do you expect customer to wait for 4 days??? I was told it was a technical issue. So it is as if technology controls you and eBay. You don't have any control on yourself!! Why your systems are configured in a century old manner? This is completely bull**bleep**!!

Moreover when I reported this issue, it was nor even acknowledged by you!! I was at least expecting a mail from you guys!

From your response it feels that you take customer issues very lightly and in a relaxed casual way. I am going to stop using eBay after this bad experience. Also spread the word about pathetic service. I am very upset and unhappy with the service and response. If possible please escalate this problem to your higher ups.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

kga00
Community Member
eBay service is pathetic. They want us to wait for 4 days for the points to be reversed!!!
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Same thing happened to me, but i got my payback point back after 3 days....

But that option just dont work..... i tried 2 more times, both time it just said failed transactions.... eBay and Payback needs to fix it...

else dont give that option

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Same happen with me..

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Even I am facing the same problem. Moreover, eBay has not even responded to my problem yet ! This is seriously fraudulent service. I might as well complain about this on the consumer court forum.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Hi All,

Two days back, I was buying a product and redeemed all my payback points. The payment failed and my payback balance showed zero. Today, I see that my payback balance has been restored.  Glad to know that without any hassle, I received my ponts again in 2 days.

I know ideally we would want that out points are restored immediately. But coming from a tech background, I can asssure you that it will take a coupleof days for the system to refund these points. So please everyone, let us be a bit patient. The points will get restored in 2-4 days.

Cheers,

Rahul

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

hchandra22
Community Member

Hi

Today i tried to buy a T-shirt using my payback card with e-bay. Points got redeemed and transaction failed. Now the points shown in my account is zero. When i contacted Payback they were saying to wait for 10 days. Unacceptable. Ebay and Payback surely need to check there servers. I did not expect this kind of situation with ebay. 

I have to see how many days they will take even though payback said 10 days.

Very unhappy with ebay and payback

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Same thing happened to me not once but twice.
When i called the support they said since this is a new feature they are experiencing some issues. Ok if they are surely facing some issues then y dont they take down the feature untill the issue is rectified rather than causing discomfort to the customers?

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

EBAY INDIA sucks dont buy anything here.... This US companies need to keep the equal customer support in India...

Lost more than 10000 points to this useless bug in there systemm

Message 10 of 23
latest reply