Fake goods are sold through eBay

I bought  a memory card - Sandisk 32 GB Ultra some days back which carried a manufacturer's warranty of 5 years.  After using it for about 40 days suddenly it went out of action.  When used it on a card reader it said the files are corrupted and canot read.  The seller was out of reach and He did not switch on the number given by him thereafter.  The mail and the  reminders were unanswered. Ebay washed off its hands saying that their warranty is only upto 30 days.  When the manufacturer was contacted they asked for the code numbers on the card and when it was sent they declared that the card is fake and it was not manufactured by them. Now the question remaining is "isn't it  the responsibility of the eBay that only genuine goods are sold by the sellers through it?"  The customers believe the offer by the eBay that the goods sold by it are genuine.  Now what course of action is advisable to recover the loss of Rs 1400/- suffered by the customer?  What action eBay has taken on the unscrupulous seller ?  I think he still selling the fake cards to unsuspecting customers.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Fake goods are sold through eBay

Hi Listings you can report to ebay as selling couterfiet item or copy.

every listing down have option to report it. Ebay would take action accordingly.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Fake goods are sold through eBay

I am so sorry.  The eBay, when reported, washed away its hands saying that their responsibility ended on the 30th day of the delivery of the memory card to me.  Thereafter the responsibility for enforcing the warranty rested either with the manufacturer or seller.  In this particular case the manufacturer denied its manufacturing and asked to contact the seller who was unreachable. Now tell me how is justice done to me and the losses sustained made good.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply