Don't buy any software on ebay

rsanoj
Community Member

Hi,

I recently bought an antivirus on ebay and i just received a plain email on the link to download the software and the software key. Looks simple but problem is i didn't get any Invoice/Tax receipt or any kind of proof of my transaction and the reason we need something like this is if in future the software company challenges you for the authenticity of software bought you would be in trouble(will be same case as you have bought a pirated software). Another reason for suspicion is that the software 1 wanted was for 1 year validity software and the one given was for some odd days (439 days) which adds to by suspicion that it could be a fake/ already used software key.

After realizing these problems and also the first level ebay customer support executive asked me to raise a Claim and cancel the transaction. Then came the real trouble the seller started pestering me saying i should withdraw my claim i didn't bog for his communication and later the ebay's claims executive gave me a call like 1 week after and said its problem with you and seller we cant process your claim as you have got the software hook or crook the authenticity of the software or credibility is not of there problem. During the conversation the call got disconnected and i was not able to reach back the same claims person(the number didn't accept incoming) later after 1 hr or so i got an sms saying my claim is rejected.

Dear ebay, atleast you should be having some responsibility atleast customer should feel safe buying software as its not tangible. And bill/Invoice should be made mandatory for any kind of transaction as its the only proof we would be having in case customer land in trouble in the future.

My Claim ID is 290670.

Regards,

Sanoj

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Don't buy any software on ebay

relimart
Community Member
You bought a software and instead of registering the product with the antivirus company you have contacted eBay to authenticate the software? Wow

If you got fake key then the software would not have worked. But you already said it worked and the validity was for more than 1 year.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply