Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Customs duty in India

remorampwallk
Community Member
http://www.aircustomschennai.gov.in/clearance_by_post.html

http://www.aircustomschennai.gov.in/clearance_by_post.html

????????

----------
5. Import of gifts through post:

5.1 Bonafide gifts up to a value limit of Rs.10,000/-, imported by post, are exempt from Basic and Additional Customs duties vide Notification No.171/93-Cus., dated 16-9-1993. Further, only those items can be imported as gifts, which are not prohibited for importation under Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992.

--------------------------
Message 51 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

hozy79
Community Member
Hi,

i want to buy HTC One from ebay global which will cost me approx 40,000 INR to 45,000 INR. how much custom duty i have to pay to buy this phone ?
Message 52 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

pfbiu2013
Community Member
hello
I want to buy a Kenwood KAC-7005PS Car Amplifier from www.ebay.com by global easy buy.How much I should be pay as customs duty and VAT to receive the item in kerala.Price shown in ebay.com is Rs. 17,019 to 28,809.
Thank You.

p
Message 53 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

spha1354
Community Member
Hi Guys,
I did purchase online from ebay on 24th April 2013 the product from USA, Florida.
I received the same almost a month later in broken condition It came via USPS. I have charged Rs. 10,575/- in cash without receipt as a custom duty for that. Its a very big amount for me.
The actual MRP of that Rs.20,500/- & i am paying more than half of the purchase item. Its old & used electronics item. I am asking the receipt on mail from customs they not replying me positively. So i am requesting to all Indian guys plz do not purchase abroad items from ebay you get very big lost deal like i am suffering now. So plz be alert do not purchase abroad items from ebay.
Regards,
Sandesh
Message 54 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

ksr218
Community Member
Hello i am planning to buy computer components, processors to be more specific from an us seller due to cheaper rates @ $ 300, i live in bihar, what will be the custom fees? This is my first time buying anything from ebay, do any one have sad experiences with ebay electronic products? How can i contact the seller to mark it as a gift item to help reducing customs?
Message 55 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

To calculate any duty amount for personal imports into India, fo to the website www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Fill up all the details needed there and you will be given the exact amount you maybe charged if the customs officer decides to charge your items. The duty amount shown on that website has a margin of + or - 10% error. I am saying this with lots of personal experience with all my purchases.
Message 56 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

shailesh2984shop
Community Member
Hi,

I had ordered some stuff from China worth 240$ but my seller was good he declared value as 20$ and sent the item by local courier(Not like fedex or DHL or UPS).

I received the items after 20 days in good condition. Custom people never even opened the packing. I was feared if the customs charges hefty amount on it. But nothing happened.

See the tracking details:
http://www.17track.net/en/result/post.shtml?nums=RA573633078CN%2CRB047260065CN

Buying abroad on eBay is bit like gamble. Microprocessor, chips, HDDs are fine but never purchase motherboard or any other expensive item which are larger in size as this attracts lot of attention from customs.
Message 57 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

Hi remorampwallk,

Your point is well noted. However, point number 5.2 also says...

--------------

5.2 The sender of the gift may not necessarily be residing in the country from where the goods have been dispatched and any person abroad can send the gifts to relatives, business associates, friends, companies and acquaintances. The gifts have to be for bonafide personal use. The purpose of this stipulation is that the person receives the gift genuinely free and the payment is not made for it through some other means. The quantity and frequency of the gifts should not give rise to the belief that it is used as a route to transfer money. The gifts can be received by individuals, societies, institutions, like schools and colleges and even corporate bodies.

-------------

Please therefore guide if the value of gift is still under INR 10,000 and buyer pays for it, will customs come to know and object? If not, all well, but if yes, what should be done?

Please also guide, if buyer wants to pay duty, what is the procedure?

Awaiting yours.

Regards.

Pawan

eBay id pawanp1023

Message 58 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

Dear Sushant,

Thanks for your valuable guidence about purchase through globaleasypay. **bleep** what about the items which are won during auction with ebay.com? Can they be baught with INR (all inclusive) and how to do this. Thank you in advance.

Message 59 of 87
latest reply

Customs duty in India

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Kavish,

How are you? This is Sushant here and I manage the Global EasyBuy service from eBay India.

While one if able to find items on other eBay sites (especially eBay.com) that are shipped to India, concerns around time taken to receive the item, custom clearances and other bottlenecks have meant that you have not been able to get your hands on that attractive deal or hard-to-find item.

And it was exactly to alleviate this pain-point of our buyers that we launched the Global EasyBuy (GEB) service. When you buy on Global EasyBuy, you

a. Pay one single price that includes the cost of the item, cost of shipping, customs, and all other processing fees you might have to otherwise deal with individually,
b. Pay in Indian Rupees using PaisaPay and not be bothered about using your credit card to make payment in foreign currencies,
c. Get assured delivery at your door-step
d. Are protected by the eBay Buyer Protection program

What's more, there are close to 18 million items available for your purchase right away on www.globaleasybuy.com!

Hope that helps. For any queries on GEB, feel free to reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com

Cheers!
Sushant

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Kavish,

How are you? This is Sushant here and I manage the Global EasyBuy service from eBay India.

While one if able to find items on other eBay sites (especially eBay.com) that are shipped to India, concerns around time taken to receive the item, custom clearances and other bottlenecks have meant that you have not been able to get your hands on that attractive deal or hard-to-find item.

And it was exactly to alleviate this pain-point of our buyers that we launched the Global EasyBuy (GEB) service. When you buy on Global EasyBuy, you

a. Pay one single price that includes the cost of the item, cost of shipping, customs, and all other processing fees you might have to otherwise deal with individually,
b. Pay in Indian Rupees using PaisaPay and not be bothered about using your credit card to make payment in foreign currencies,
c. Get assured delivery at your door-step
d. Are protected by the eBay Buyer Protection program

What's more, there are close to 18 million items available for your purchase right away on www.globaleasybuy.com!

Hope that helps. For any queries on GEB, feel free to reach out to me at sushant@ebay.com

Cheers!
Sushant

Dear Sushant,

Thanks for your valuable guidence about purchase through globaleasypay. **bleep** what about the items which are won during auction with ebay.com? Can they be baught with INR (all inclusive) and how to do this. Thank you in advance.

Message 60 of 87
latest reply