Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Customs duty in India

I recently purchased a $ 100 worth mascot costume ...to be shipped to india from China ...it's a costume for theatre not a electronic gadget ...how can I escape the customs ...how would I know the item is at customs or where ever so I can release it ...
Message 71 of 87
latest reply

Hello every informative topic I must say, I have few questions regarding customs duty and shipping services, I ordered a few products from Hong Kong worth  87$ including charges of fast shipping through FedEx, which is 32$ they declared it as samples but still I charged 19$ as custom duty, how is that? Shouldn't samples exempted from custom duty and is 32$ appropriated for parcel of weight 2kg?

Message 72 of 87
latest reply

How is this even related to Customs ?
Stop trolling
Message 73 of 87
latest reply

Hi buddy, did you buy the product from hongkong ?? And did you receive it properly ? was it EMS or Airmail (with tracking)

Message 74 of 87
latest reply

Use UPS if you are buying from abroad.

NEVER use DHL. They are scam. They can charge you 100% duty. 

They charged me 1860 INR  for a $40 item. 

I have bought $200 item via UPS and didn't have to pay anything.

DHL sucks . just never use it.

Message 75 of 87
latest reply

Use UPS , they are good.

Message 76 of 87
latest reply

There is no import duty, but you in INIDIA nothing comes for free so below are the charges you have to pay Other taxes and custom fees Landing charges: (1% CIF) Countervailing duty (CVD): (0%, 6% or 12% (CIFD + Landing charges)) CESS (Education + Higher Education): 3% (Duty + Countervailing duty) Additional CVD: 4% (CIFD + Landing charges + Countervailing duty + CESS)
Message 77 of 87
latest reply

Other taxes and custom fees Landing charges: (1% CIF) Countervailing duty (CVD): (0%, 6% or 12% (CIFD + Landing charges)) CESS (Education + Higher Education): 3% (Duty + Countervailing duty) Additional CVD: 4% (CIFD + Landing charges + Countervailing duty + CESS)
Message 78 of 87
latest reply

I have ordered an old karl storz surgical camera and control unit on ebay for approx 1 lakh.  Is it a restricted item ? The cost of  new one is approximately 26 lakhs but as this one is old and partially functional i got it on ebay for a cheap rate. What will be the customs duty on this.

Message 79 of 87
latest reply

Hi. i want to order a peice of musical equipment from the US to india. the total cost (incl shipping is coming to approx 26,500 INR. Any idea how much i will have to pay for customs??

Message 80 of 87
latest reply