Customs duty in India

nithin85
Community Member
HI, i recently purchased a graphics card for 399$(16000 INR approx)(computer hardware)from an US seller. I wanted to know if i will have any trouble with the customs? Thank you.
Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Customs duty in India

Let Lord forgive you for evading duty by wrongly showing purchases as gifts!

Message 61 of 87
latest reply

Hi, I bought leather gloves worth US $26.0 (Rs. 1600) from GEB. Do I need to pay any customs charges on it? If yes how much would it be?

Message 62 of 87
latest reply

sakthicc
Community Member

i want purchase $200 worth mobile. May i know i much duty bill for it?

Message 63 of 87
latest reply

Hi
I am looking to purchase lenovo mobile phone it will cost around $135, so I need to know that should I need to pay duty tax if so where I can pay duty tax in india
Message 64 of 87
latest reply

I must admit it is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING trying to find any simple clear cut clarification upon EXACTLY what Customs duties are likely to be levied upon an iPad I'm trying to ship across to relatives in the north (H.P.) from the UK.

Regrettably the official Indian Gvt. Websites' explanation is absolutely tosh!!!

It merely regurgitates what the statutory position maybe and seems to possibly even avoid the simple case of merely explaining exactly what the cost & procedure in lay mans terms really is;

so that an individual could simply provide the predetermined payment, submit the relevant documentation and hey presto!!
( Well that's how the rest of us here operate anyway )

It's really is a great shame as a nation, what with this attitude to business - merely concerned with lining individuals' pockets, which ultimately restricts free trade and India suffers as a nation, on a massive scale, yet again left trailing behind the rest of the World despite it's highly educated population and available workforce. True shame, it really is...

RANT OVER.

Any genuine, honest suggestions as to how one may go about exporting a small package to India would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Good Luck!!
Message 65 of 87
latest reply

hey nitesh what happened when the item got shipped , did you had to pay for customs cuz i'm planning to buy one now
Message 66 of 87
latest reply

Hi sushant,

I recently order 2 game cds worth 94.38 $. what is the custom exemption limit. My courier got blocked by customs and they are asking for so many documents. 

Please help.

Message 67 of 87
latest reply

sir i am also palanning to buy a phone like this from ebay .(hongkong)

seller sends it as a gift and mark the value as 46$     he send it through air mail .

will i face any problem sir

please help me

Message 68 of 87
latest reply

sathyatej
Community Member

Hello,

I wanted to buy a spare part for my mobile from India.

The item is available in hongkong with free shipping.

I wanted to know if this item attracts import duty by customs department in india.

If so, how much should I pay more? What all documents should I show them?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Sathya

Message 69 of 87
latest reply

No Custom Duty if Seller is Shipping As the Sample

Message 70 of 87
latest reply