cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated by eBay Seller and was to get cheated from a person who introduced as eBay customer service.

sali1130
Community Member

I purchased a Panasonic Trimmer ER2031K through EBay from Seller;

<Removed>

On 10-feb-2017 I received a call from Aramex Courier person to my Registered mobile number- <Removed> about the parcel to be delivered from Aramex Courier person and the parcel with reference number #44665892827 through Aramex Courier was delivered. As I had opted for Cash on Delivery, I paid the Courier person with Rupees 3749 in Cash. After paying Rupees 3749 in Cash, I opened the Parcel to see that the Trimmer is missing and something like a clip is placed to increase the weight of the Parcel. I conveyed my grievances to Courier person from whom I have received the parcel and he instructed me to file a Claim with EBay.  ( Mobile number of the Courier person -<Removed> )

On the same day (10-02-2017 ), I called the seller and nobody replied, I called EBay and filed a complaint as to claim my Money back.  EBay Customer Service had sent me an SMS with Claim ID : 2684381 and advised me to fill a form online in EBay with step by step instructions which eventually did not work as it was supposed to, Therefore I asked EBay Customer Service executive to fill in the information and Customer Service executive told me to upload Photos of the Parcel and Product received by me, which I did and could know that there is no preview of the uploaded image visible. In the Complaint details it was illustrated that I had received empty parcel instead of trimmer missing which I was not able to correct.  

After two days an Executive from EBay introduced herself to me that she is from the Claims department of EBay and asked me Questions like did you receive the Parcel damaged for which I told her "No" and I told her that I received the Parcel with something like a Clip which is placed inside to increase the weight of the Parcel, EBay Claims department Executive told me that the Photo that I had uploaded was not clear for which I had uploaded another two Photos in Online EBay Claim form and I have even sent email to EBay with Photographs to their email ID : insellerverification@ebay.com, for which I received an acknowledgement. I received a call from EBay and nobody talks for over 1 minute, as it seemed to be a blank call I had to disconnect ( I have recorded this call from EBay ).  When I called EBay Customer Service, Customer Service executive asked me my registered Mobile number and even asked me to say my address in full with pin code along with my Claim ID: 2684381 and advised me to wait for the claims department of EBay to call me.

On 15-Feb-2017, I called EBay through phone number <Removed> and asked to connect to the claims department and EBay receptionist gave me a number <Removed> which did not get connected to anybody to whom I can say my grievances about the Photo preview and online claims form.

On 18-Feb-2017 I received another blank call from EBay and after some time a message in my Mobile Phone that my Claim is rejected, I called EBay Customer Service on the same day and I was instructed that my Claim is rejected as I had complained that I received an Empty Parcel, which is actually false statement and to prove this I have all EBay calls recorded.

I tried to call the Seller from whom I had purchased the Product - Panasonic Beard trimmer ER2031 K ( The Product was not inside the Parcel, but a Clip is placed to increase the weight of the Parcel ), but nobody ever answered the call.

On the same day 18-Feb-2017, I received a call from a mobile number <Removed> and he introduced himself as EBay Customer Service Executive and asked me about the details of the Claim that I had requested him to reopen. As the conversation was not complete and got disconnected I called this person again to his Mobile number and asked him about the action plan that EBay will be subjecting, While the conversation was happening he told me that I have to give him details of my Bank account number to credit the amount that I had paid to EBay and he asked me my debit card number. As I could understand that this person is a scammer I told him my debit card number and CVC number to confirm his intend, as to confirm his intend to scam he was asking about one time password that I receive in my mobile phone as a message to complete any financial transactions Online. I asked him clearly about his Identity and he again told me that he is from EBay.

Note : My Mobile phone number and the Claim details was only with EBay and with the Seller from whom I had purchased the product ( Product was not inside the Parcel but a Clip was place inside ).

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0