Beware of trusted PowerSellers!

booker.in
Community Member
I'm posting this message in public interest. I recently bought a used high-end mobile phone from a PowerSeller based in Mumbai with almost 99% positive feedback and almost 600 points.

I made the payment by DD the next day I ordered it and had to wait for about two weeks for the delivery. The seller cited Dussehra holidays for the delay (do courier companies and banks close down for 10 days to celebrate Dussehra?) I guessed the seller was having some difficulties and didn't press for shipping. All I wanted to know was when he would be able to ship it.

After 10 days or so, he informed me that the piece intended for me was found to be faulty and that he was arranging another piece, and then that the item was shipped.

I got a great looking phone, a duplicate handsfree made of cheap plastic, and a charger that has stopped working three after it was delivered along with the phone.

I bought the phone for about Rs. 13000. Now I had to spend Rs. 570 on a charger and an adapter. I'll have to buy a handsfree which might cost me another 500 or so.

This seller - who has got 'trust' only in his name - is not to be trusted. He hasn't even responded after I messaged him via eBay system about the duplicate handsfree.

This seller's high feedback rating made me trust him. I gave him a positive feedback after seeing the phone. That was a mistake. I'm not sure how long my 'as good as brand new' mobile phone will work.

If you know who I'm talking about, AVOID HIM LIKE HELL!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Dear !

u can call or email seller for your issue & try to close the issue, as seller is power seller he will defiantly help u .

if he refuse to help try ebay dispute console of " item not as describe "

seller will defiantly respond after that.

Your feedback shows your ebay commitment , so please do not hesitate to take any action against any seller who has done wrong practice in deal.

regards
---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

;)

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
hi!

the handset was as good as brand new. It was in such a condition that if you say someone that you have purchased a new one. No one could ever say that it is a used one.

The accessories sent to you were also original. If you are facing any problem with it you should have informed me and could have contacted me.

We had so many telephone conversations and spoke to each other so many times. Even after receiving the product you were very happy and called to say thanks and then you left a good positive feedback.

regarding the charger, it was also original. though there is no warranty gaurantee for chargers, i would have surely helped you if you had any problems.

Regards
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

knight.jewellery.auctions
Community Member
I too avoid buying items on ebay.
This is because, whenever i purchased something here it was always without a miss "DAMAGED" " POOR QUALITY " "USELESS". When i recieved my second purchase on ebay it was received damaged my seller seemagifts told me that it was not damaged at the time of dispatch. So for each and every damaged delivery buyer is responsible.
Third purchase was of a sewing maching that is lying like a toy in my house useless, doesn't works at all. It does not functions at all. You cannot sew anything with it its just like a toy. I purchased the costlier one for me but i never knew even if i spend extra i will still be cheated. from that day i stopped buying here. Because powersellers are giving us such a bad treatment.
So moral of the story do not buy from here . While i love service and products from ebay.com... they are fantastic.
Because the sellers of ebay.com are selling very good quality items and here in India everything is cheap no quality no gurantee. This makes me always avoid buying from here. I better prefer going to a shop and buying for me.

Ebay can improove this situation this is the only reason for drop in sales of ebay india.
Why not ban such items that doesn't comes with a gurantee.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

vivekvij
Community Member
hi,
although my buying experience at e-bay has always been neutral i always felt that e-bay is always about sellers protection.NO buyers protection.e-bay always protects the sellers while in the USA its the other way round.these people at e-bay are not at all concerned about buyers plight.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

kunalthaggarse
Community Member
I had a similiar experience. I had ordered for a watch from LA DE PHILATELIA (dukander), a seller from Kolkata. The watch stopped working the very next day. I sent it back because there was a 14 day return policy. The shopkeeper didn't refund my money and he said he would send me something else instead. This was in September. He never refunded, so I decided to buy an mp3 player for him instead. He still hasn't sent me that.He refuses to pick up the phone.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

vibhamalls
Community Member
Halo friend,
It was very disappointing about your experience. At this sitiuation you should have use the benifit of purchasing on ebay. You should have filed Item Not Recieved as Described Dispute and the seller will definately sort out the matter. You can not do the same thing while buying offline but on purchsing online you are much safer.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

sandeepjhanjee
Community Member
II just saw a listing of "bigbazaar*123" selling 5 in 1 sofa bed under brand 'Air-O-Space. On my asking, first he avoided giving exaact answere and said that there was no difference between the two brands - 'Air-O-Space' & "Air-U-Space" and later he confirmed that he's selling 'Air-U-Space'. Then why list the item as Air-O-Space. You are taking advantage of a reputed brand and selling a duplicate, inferior product.(http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320199823154)I do agree that Ebay doesn't support its buyers, since the commissions comes from sellers only!
Now,I would like to tell my fellow buyers if you feel you have been cheated by a bloody seller. Then just approach the nearest Dist Consumer Forum in your city wtha a hand written complaint(in 3 copies) alongwith Rs. 100/- Postal Order and submit your complaint. Since you have placed the order from your residence thru internet, the jurisdiction of any other city or for the city in which the seller is, does not bar your complaint. The jurisdiction of your nearest Dist. Consumer Forum is made out on purchase thru internet. You do not require an advocate as the POs are the retd Judges of High Courts working as Presiding Officers in the DCF. Just go & explain your case and see how quickly the culprit is brought to the book. Make ebay also as a party.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

india.is.best
Community Member
Dear All,
There is one seller :
insihozi (insihozi@yahoo.co.in) (24)

This seller is selling on auctions starting at 1 rupee ! But if you won the items at high price and he is making profit, then only he will send the items otherwise he can do all kind of tricks.

I bid on several of item from this seller and won two of the cosmetic items at Rs 30 and 51 respectively. These items were listed as Free sgipping to everywhere in India. The item numbers are : Oriflame Baby Talc (360019528207) & Oriflame Visions Lip Love Lipstick (360019527991).
First I received the payment information for both the items at more than Rs 300/- The seller added Vat and insurance multiplying the bid amount to many times. When I asked him why the insurance was charged as it was never anywhere mentioned on the item page and also taxes with very hard to find. He just removed the insurance but not the VAT @ 10%.
Anyway, I paid the items quickly with 10% surcharge.
After about 5 days, I did not received any reply/information from the seller, I mailed the seller several times and what I got the reply; please look ?? ....

hie sir since the item cost is 3 times more and i cant give you at this price so ebay will refend your money back. sorry. bye tc

Then I replied to the seller that I will do complain against him for fake auctions, now what I received back is also below:

do as you feel like.... and let me see how far you keep your word... i will wait ... bye tc...

And After being making complaint to ebay : they said that my money will be returned back because I paid with paisapay, after 10 days and to leave appropriate feedback to the seller.
I left the feedback and Guess what?? I bet you all know !
I immediately received back one Red negative to my feedback. Please do check the feedback of our both.

Now, is not ebay is helpless !!!!

I request to all who agree with me to bid and buy one item from this seller and leave him appropriate feedback. Yes, you can make new buyer id to deal with these types - so that you will not ruin your regular id.

Please help me, otherwise many other innocent buyers will be cheated by this CHEATER & FRAUD.

I also request other ebayers to open other such type of frauds and naked them in public.

Rajesh
india.is.best
Message 9 of 9
latest reply