cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should ebay allow sellers also to give negative feedback to buyers ?

because some buyers just blackmail genuine sellers because they have the right to leave negative feedback & we seller don't have this right. 99% buyers are very good but 1% buyer we get who just want to suck money from seller by threatening to give negative feedback, i think if ebay allow sellers also to leave negative feedback to buyers then they will not be able to blackmail the genuine sellers.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

ratnachhaya
Community Member
I always puzzled why ebay treat seller and buyer differently. If member (either seller or buyer) have done something beyond policies, they should be treated equally.

1) If buyer do not pay, let seller leave him/her negative or something like standard UNPAID feedback. It could be adopted by system itself when the dispute is closed.

2) If seller fails on his service, now they are charging fine for failure of delivery based on refund amount. Why not buyer be fined for failure to PAY.

3) In case of non-communication seller gets negative no matter what reason behind it. It should able to give negative if buyer don't respond.

I think eBay is being run by motivation from cheat buyers than good ones and seller is not even considered in policy making.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

ratnachhaya
Community Member
Barring name and address once buyer fails policies is also a must. Many US corporations like Staples/OfficeMax/BestBuy maintain blacklist where they bloc name and address on individual (including credit card and bank account) to further perform business/buying on their websites. This is difficult in India as addresses can be rewritten easily. But a manual check may make it easy as the number of such cheats is still low.

I am sure eBay will not consider this as they run policy based on cheats and not by business interest as the disputes and problems is generating more revenue than actual commission by good sell.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@ratnachhaya i agree with you
want to add 1 more point that buyer who doesn't pay should not be able to leave feedback & buyer who gets refund should also not be able to leave feedback because in most cases we have seen that buyer who doesn't pay & who receive refund also leaves negative feedback. So we request ebay to think about it.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

???
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

gizmofreaks
Community Member
I agree with ratnachhaya, buyers who get their refund and buyers who do not pay should not be allowed to give feedbacks. Also as added , there should be no desparity between Buyer's and Seller's because its a mutual relationship of contract between two parties.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

takgye
Community Member
Also for wrong/incomplete addresses like.
priya rai,102 colony,delhi - 645191,DL ,IN
Phone :41057941..ebay should do something.

The address 102 colony, Delhi is NOT a Valid address.
The Pincode 645191 is not a Delhi Pincode.
the phone number 41057941 (std-code 011) is also NOT a VALID number.

Everything is false.Then buyer will send mail to change address,call at 10:30pm and leave Negative as well.We wrote to TNS ,hope something happens.

Some address verification should be done by eBay also for buyers.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

zeddsdelhi
Community Member
Yes, sellers should be given the right to leave negative feedback for buyers. As there are few buyer's on ebay who give you negative feedback unnecessarily, even after seller's fulfill all their wishes.
They tend to harass seller's as if the seller's are their puppets and dont have any personal feelings.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@zeddsdelhi
agree with you. I hope some ebay personal reply on this post to guide us.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

takgye
Community Member
Hello,

Probably ebay wont allow giving Negatives to buyers since this has been discussed in details at various open house sessions already.

However "Protecting Seller's Terms" and Dignity should be looked into.

We recently called a buyer who left a neutral to ask what problem she had and she told "No product was ok and no problem in transaction but if you call up to ask I wont buy online again."

What required is that TNS should work on "Violations of Seller's Terms of Sale". There are certain terms under which we want to sell.If they are allowed then TNS should support sellers ,if those Terms are not allowed then pull the listing down.There should be no Ambiguity.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply