cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Education Workshop - 4th August - 2 PM to 3 PM

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Over the past few weeks, we have been taking steps to address the issue of our users not understanding the eBay policies, and hence, failing to abide by them. Following are some of the activities we have initiated:

1. Power Seller Education – Calling our Power Sellers, and informing them of the various policies they need to abide by.

2. Onsite Education – We have created a Policy Education Tutorial on the site. This is available at www.ebay.in/sellercentral/ebaypolicies

3. Mailers – We have sent mailers to all sellers with information on policies

We wish to hear from you regarding our efforts on Policy Education. Have you found these useful? Is there anything further we can do to help you understand the policies? Do you need any further clarifications?

Please provide us your feedback during this workshop. Staff from the policy team will be available to interact with you on this important issue.

The workshop will be conducted on Thursday, the 4th of August, from 2 PM to 3 PM.

Join us then!
Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
hi indconcepts,

Though the workshop is near to its closure time, we will however, take your question.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear nvid and preeti

Is any body there to answer my questions?

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello IndConcepts

You have a very valid question. You are correct in assuming there are certain software that detect policy violations. In addition to these softwares, we have Community Champions who proactively report such violations. Once a violation is reported it is reviewd by eBay personnel and appropriate action is taken.

I suggest, if you come across any such policy violation on eBay.in kindly report the same for prompt actions. You may report the same via Contact Us link or via Security Center on: http://pages.ebay.in/securitycentre/index.html?ssPageName=f:f:IN
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Everybody,

We will be concluding the workshop now. This thread will be live and nvid will keep on visiting it regularly. If you have any further query please feel free to post here. nvid will try to find answers and let you know as soon as possible.

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

We too agree about the immense Multiple Listings. And please spare us the laugh by asking us to report the violation through Contact Us which is a farce. We have issued complaints innumerous times about sellers having multiple listings. One seller in particular lists his item 25-30 times occupying the entire first page!!! In spite of numerous complaints through Contact Us action taken has been ZERO so please dont fib. If you dont want to do the job just say it so.

Also secondly our fees paid for the month of May is STLL not reflecting in our account and we are getting charged late payent fees for the same. Yesterday we had a call from eBay to ask if we had any billing problems and we stated the problem and the reply was and we quote:

"Oh you paid by HDFC Bank Direct Pay and those payments cannot be processed as we have a problem with HFDC Bank. I am sorry we cannot help you out but there are no other serious issues right?"

What do you mean by no other serious issues? This is an issue!!! Payment not processed for more than a month!!! And if the payment cannot be processed why do you offer it and also why do you then post and lie on the PaisaPay board that now all HDFC Bank payments will be realised in 24-48 hours???

Also since 2 months we are being charged Selling Manager fees though it is free. No fee credit entry is being passed for it. On stating this the reply was and we quote: "Oh I am so sorry you are right. I will immediately pass the fee credit entries right now" Guess what it never happened?

We dont like to complain and are usually content through Contact Us but our past 2 months with eBay has been a trip to hell with probably the worst and most pathetic service ever offered to us after all our years of selling on eBay, Rediff, SifyMall and Indiatimes.

Sad but true. eBay is not at all professional and we hate to say this a downright cheating and fraud company when it comes to billing its sellers

We were initially elated when eBay bought over Baazee as we thought things would improve but instead the situation has become worse.

-Regards,
A member of Baazee (now eBay of course) since 5 years
PC Gaming Store
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Hi Everybody at the Board ! I am Halwawala fro the city of Joy , and am sorry for not being able to join earlier and would agree with all the sellers and their views expressed on the Board , but , it seems to me, the whole execise would be futile - till both the seler and e-bay would not open their minds , eyes and peceptions . Suspending a seler does not make e-bay great , nor does make a seller make great if he avoids following certain ploicies - be it be of duplicate listings or any thing else . One more point at baazee , a visitor had a link on the item page to report dirctly to baazee , which should be immediately reinststed. What about me selling an item - the listing being pulled down and another seller continuing to do so , inspite of the matter being nrought to the attention of e-bay. This is happenin over n over
thks
halwawala_in1
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Hi!
i have already make the complaint aginst duplicate listing.
as per the my opinion u have give permission for only one identical item listing in one categories every day. b'coz Many seller list identical item more than 5times in same categories and some seller no limits of duplicate listing and occupying entire pages 1,2,.. this not fare kno..

so i request u ...pls suspend those seller id which is make duplicate listing more than 2 listing (separate Categories.) then u can get proper feedback as a pure competition and appropriat rate and quality of items.

warm reagards
ravindra
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

kabir_lahiri
Community Member
Hi! I'm in trouble. I bought a wrist watch from dat0_2 and pay him on 3rd Aug,2005. But he is not responding still now, not even sending me a single mail. I'm tensed with this silence. I'm new in this world and don't know what to do now. Is there anyone who can help me in this situation? Then please help me.
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

cellphonewala
Community Member
Vidmay,

I was not here yesteray to catch you live. I would like to have a better understanding of the seller performance / non performance issue of you Policy.

Most of the disputes are opened by buyers who do not read the TOS of the seller. Are buyers expected to abide by the TOS or its irrelvant for the seller to mention the TOS in the listing.

for e.g. (1) Seller states in his TOS that delivery will take upto 15 days after realisation of payment and buyer opens a dispute within 3 days of posting a cheque not wating to confirm if the seller has received the cheque or has it cleared?

(2) Seller states that he will offer a refund to any customer, no questions asked provided the buyer returns (couriers back)the product within 3 days of receipt. However buyer asks for refund after 10-30 days of receipt.

Most of the disputes are currently arrises out of buyer not willing to abide by seller's TOS.

Will you still call it seller non performance?

Another policy I need to understand better is "Not as described"

I mostly deal in brand new products. I usually post all the specifications as provided by the manufacturer / importer of the product in the listing. Now how can a buyer claim the product is not as described if the entire specifications are mentioned in the listing?

I had a case of buyer tamepring with the product (water logged electronic item) and the buyer claiming "Not as described"

Can you explain how the "Item not as described policy will apply in such cases?

When a dispute is opened as item not as described, the only option the seller gets is "Refund Buyer"
Message 19 of 19
latest reply