cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied with your eBay purchase? Know your options - 15 June (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Did it happen that the product you bought on eBay was not up to your expectation / Or the product was not delivered at all? Do you know if you are not satisfied by the transaction, what are your options? To find answer to the above question, join us in this online workshop on 15th of June.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 15th June
Time: 4 – 5 PM IST

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to today's Workshop!

While there are thousands of members who trade every day on the site and have happy transactions, there are also a few users who get dissatisfied by their purchase. For all such buyers, eBay offers Buyer Protection.

To tell you more about buyer protection and other options for our dissatisfied buyers, today we have Nisha from our Trust and Safety Team to take you through various options.

Nisha will first take you through the buyer protection program, and then will answer the queries already received on the thread.

We love to hear from you, so please feel free to ask questions or doubts if any.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

Glad to be here today!

I will be taking you through the Buyer Protection Program.

Feel Free to ask questions if any.

Regards
Nisha
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
Generally Buyers face following problems with the Seller:

The Buyer makes the payment for the item, but seller doesn’t ship the item.
The Seller ships the item but the item received is significantly not as described.

In above scenario, I would recommend you to please follow the following steps:

Talk to your Seller and try to resolve the issues. Many a times a query get resolved by mutual interaction.

If the communication fails at any point of time, in that case eBay is there to protect your purchases
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

thelinuxexpert
Community Member
After I win an item and pay, what to do if the seller is not responding to any messages we send through ebay's messaging facility?
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

srinivastata001
Community Member
I paid to the item by transfering from my ICICI bank a/c to seller's ICICI bank a/c. But the seller did not deliver the item. Is this method of payment protected under Buyer protectio program?
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
In Case you have not received an item or have received the item but it is significantly not as described-

1. File an Item not received or significantly not as described-Dispute through Dispute Console
2. Dispute should be filed any time between 10 to 60 days from the transaction date.
3. Allow some time to the Seller to respond
4. If you fail get any response or resolution from the seller, then you may escalate the claim for Buyer Protection
5. Claim should be escalated after 30 days from the Purchase date.

Remember, that dispute automatically closes after 90 days from the purchase, do follow appropriate timelines to avail Buyer Protection.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
hi thelinuxexpert,

As mentioned by Nisha earlier, if seller is not responding, you will need to inform eBay via the dispute console, which is mentioned by Nisha in post number 15.

Cheers!
Sapana
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

satish1904
Community Member
I have won nokia 6600 on 11th May, 2006 and I have deposited DD to seller on 12th May, 2006. Till now I did not received the item and moreover your support team are mailing frequently and motivating by saying thanking for using our support and for registering claim but still I am not confident that I will receive either item or money. Just frustration only frustration in return.
Already the seller had accepted by sending mail that he had received the amount of Rs. 6449/- but still I have been asked to produce the proof of payment although I had copy of demand draft which I had fax to the claim adjuster. But why unnecessary delay in transaction, take a quick decision because purchasing online means fast in every sense, no one should get delayed either buyer or seller. Now you have taken these much of time. Tell me in future can I trust the ebay, frankly I cannot.
Thanks
Satish
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi srinivastata001,

Nisha will be answering your question shortly.

Do stay with us.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

nisha@ebay.com
Community Member
Please find below the list of the proofs which you need to submit to avail the Protection Claim:

1. Proof of payment may be provided in the form of a photocopy of the front and back of a demand draft, receipt, cheque, Bank statement reflecting the debit of the payment to the seller

2. If you paid with a credit card (either directly or through an online payment service other than PaisaPay), eBay will require proof of denial of reimbursement through the credit card company (if applicable). This will typically be in the form of a letter from your credit card issuer.

The denial of reimbursement from your Credit Card Company will basically ensure us that you would like to seek coverage under Buyer Protection and you will not avail the chargeback from your Credit Card Issuing Bank.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply