cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Safely – Tips and Clarifications - 10th Nov - (4 - 5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

While buying online, you might have many questions like, what if the seller does not send the item, what if something goes wrong etc. However, buying in an Online Market can be as safe as buying in an offline market.

In this workshop eBay staff member will share the tips that your need to keep in mind while buying online and will also clarify your doubts to make your online buying experience a safe and enjoyable one.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 10th November 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
The most important safely feature is eBay’s Feedback Profile system that lets members of the eBay community comment on their transaction experience, so that both buyers and sellers can check an individual’s online reputation before engaging in a transaction

Every eBay member has a feedback profile—it includes a rating number in parentheses, as well as comments from other members you've bought from and sold to.

For example: Skippy (125) means that the eBay member with the User ID Skippy has received positive feedback from at least 125 other eBay members.

How it works
The feedback rating system is easy. You receive:
+1 point for each positive comment
0 points for each neutral comment
-1 point for each negative comment

A star icon for 10 or more comments.

When to check it

Before you bid on an item, you can check the seller's feedback rating by clicking on the number next to the name, or from the view feedback request form. Sellers may also want to view the feedback profiles of bidders to see how reliable they've been in the past.

Tip: In most cases, a high feedback rating is a good sign, but you should always check a member's feedback profile to read comments and look for negative remarks.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
I always check the Seller's Return Policies 🙂

Get peace of mind by learning about a seller's return policy. Be sure to ask the seller when delivery of your item can be expected, and whether the seller offers a warranty or exchange policy if there is a problem with the item
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello the_cheez_shop

Very interesting question.

eBay advices all the sellers to offer shipping insurance so in case of loss or damage in transit the courier company bears the expense.

As sellers you need to urge all your buyers to buyer not accept packages without checking before signing the POD
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

umsingh_84
Community Member
hello,

can u suggest one courier who offers damage insurance for transit?
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Despite best efforts should something go wrong with your transactions, early and open communication with your sellers is the best way to solve the vast majority of disputes.

Learn More http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/questions/dispute-resolution.html
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

Thanks for participating in this workshop today.

umsingh_84, to answer your query, most reputed courier companies provide transit insurance. We request you to contact your local courier representatives and check with them.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

umsingh_84
Community Member
hello nvid,

i have talked with most of the leading couriers. forget about offering transit insurance, they actually demand an indemnity letter indemenifying themselves against damage in transit.

thats why i asked you for name of one courier which will offer transit insurance for damage
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

siva1729
Community Member
few month ago i buy a item from ebay.co.uk, using my paypal account, after a month i get my credit card bill , i found two transaction for the same purchase,it is purly mistaken by ebay

basically amount is a small one, but i dont know where to complaint against u? , there is no place here to complaint against u? , i send some msg to paypal and ebay , using ur online service, no responce till now,

tell me where can i contact ebay person
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

atibrewal08
Community Member
hi,
sir i want to ask whether for selling on ebay do we need to have a sales tax registration no. if we are selling electronics item than do we need it. please help me out.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

hims01
Community Member
This is my first purchase at eBay, previously I have purchased at Bazee, Indiatimes and Rediff. But I find that your site is full of frauds. You dont do any background check even if a seller is selling high value items.
I have purchased a NOKIA 3230 (condition New worth INR 9149 ... item # 6464835289) from the seller kamalaagency.
The seller refuses to give me contact information citing that eBay would have objections.
He promised on the eBay message on 16th Dec that I would recieve it in 5 working days. On 21st eBay message requesting courier details, the seller tells me that he has to yet to ship the consignment. He still did not share his contact information. He does not respond on his rediff email id (kamalaagency@rediffmail.com) either. He has also delisted himself from the site. I have raised an alarm with your feedback
I am sure I ll have to file a case of fraud with police. Its unpleasant and shameful.
Regards
Himanshu
Consultant, Infosys
Message 20 of 20
latest reply