eBay's new fee structure good or bad???

Hi,
I received a mail from ebay announcing implemention of new listing fees and change in existing fee.
My first reaction to this is that before implementing listing fee ebay should sort out the following problem.

Unpaid Items: Practically half of my time on ebay is spent on filing upi and closing existing disputes for reversal of fees. Once listing fee is introduced we sellers will loose money for items sold but remain unpaid.
Solution to this is: Paypal has a system of 'immediate payment option' for sellers where the buyer has to pay immediately for the purchase or the transaction does not get completed. This way we are saved from non paying buyers.

I hope you people will have you own views about this. Let's share +ve and -ve points so that we can go move ahead smoothly.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear eBay,

I know it is going be a big debate soon. Let me know you are going to charge listings in the shop view as well. Like books & CDS can you also excempt Baby Products & Maternity wear aswell ? to show some courtacy for the New born babies and the moms ?. Baby Products are slow selling products and need some help from you.

Regarding Listing fees, you should have just charged Rs.0.50 instead of Re.1 straight away. If some small seller one having 10 listing/day, have to pay Rs.10 each day weather he can sell or not. It is Rs.300/month. I am experienced seller, OK some how i can manage. Defenitely for new sellers it is going to affect.

When ever eBay introduced some fees definitely it is going to cut down unwanted sellers, but Re.1 is toomuch in the begining, sellers still stugging. The sales is same as in last Aug/Sep and sudden increase in fees is going to affect many sellers.

Regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I guess all sellers are either unconcerned about increase in ebay fees or have not really realised what it means.
Guys imagine this: you have listed 200 items for sale: now you'll be paying re. 1 at least for a listing for one week ie rs. 200 for one week and rs. 800 for one month and if you have listed more products you shell out more money. Why ebay is favourite among new online sellers is its easy setup and low startup cost. i guess with this step ebay will be loosing that advantage. what do you say?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

gega.byte
Community Member
The fees is a lot for a small seller and a new seller also. 20 Item is hardly anything. You start paying before you start making money.
And I don't think E bay is marketing in small city where you do not get this kind of stuff. Seller from SP Mumbai know where to go and buy it from, so why should he buy it on E bay ?
That makes the market size to be the same.Today also buyer get confused and scared dealing on e bay. we are not use to do a lot of stuff on the computer.Need one to one training.
Any way lets see what we heading for ?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

There is already a tread on listing fee and seller views on the same. It will be great if you could post your thoughts and comments on this tread:

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001679

Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello To all regualar sellers.
In New Fees all listing greater than Rs10000 to attract Rs5 per listing,all sellers selling higher end items like Jewellery,cell phones,digtaial cameras,etc are going to fill this PINCH much.
A 50 list a week means 50x5+250,more than Rs1000 for Listings only in a month.Whether or not your item is Sold.
Any take by other Sellers
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

affordindianart
Community Member
I have decided 2 not list items from today due to "New Listing Fees".
This is not a small issue; I was planning to add more than 500 items to Ebay and I would end up paying upfront Rs 1700/- (300x5 and 200x1) with sale or no sale.

Cheers!
:_|
Message 7 of 7
latest reply