community court queston - PLS ANSWER!

c153niyam
Community Member
this queston is for the ebay veterans out there - i went to CC about a -ive , buyer realized she did not connect the item properly & wrote bak - "sorry for the trouble caused to seller - would like to remove the negative i gave seller."

Got a favbrale decision as follows - The Community Court has decided that the feedback for this transaction should be removed with a majority of 51% of the votes. eBay TnS will be acting on this outcome shortly..

My queston is why only 51% approved when buyer herself has acknowledgedher mistake and admitted iten is indeed working !!?? in a case like this am i being presumptous to think i should get 100% votes? DID THE OTHER 49% VOTE AGAINST ME??????
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

linusstudios
Community Member
Very good Question. I had raised same long back. I even asked all my fellow sellers had it ever happened that their feedback was removed other than 51% majority. But I found not a single feedback had been removed with any other majority but 51%.

I tried finding reason. Got one unofficially.

Jury starts voting, as soon as 11 votes are caste in favor of removal, voting closes and feedback removal is approved, (wait is not done for 21 votes as, 11 needed for majority are already obtained).

Therefore majority of 51% vote always comes.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
thx, ya i was thinking the same, so basically everone gets a 51% vote! Very smart of ebay, this was even the loser is satisfied in thinking he lost by only a fraction.. loser is in solace then i guess.
as usual u r a great help linus.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

c153niyam
Community Member
this way even the loser is satisfied in thinking he lost by only... (way not was)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply