Wrong weight shown on printing labels

I am into Powership and whenever I print shipping labels and order form, the weight is showing as 5.0 kgs. The weight of the items is hardly 100-200 gms maximum.

Is anybody facing the same kind of problem?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

hollowoman
Community Member

It will print as 500 gm minimum chargeable weight.

5000gm ? Are you sure ....? can you a image here of AWB Pdf after wiping your & buyer's identity?

Talking about printed weight as classified by ebay according to the product & the actual weight (many times over charging) done by the LSP.

For the same prodcut below 250gm (but price above Rs 500) Iam paying Rs 48.31 for Fedex  & Rs 37 to BluedaRT & DTDC.

80% of my orders (prepaid) go to fedex!

Bluedart only for above Rs 5000+COD ,all kerala & some odd pincodes. Today first order sent by Dotzot...Let us see what they charge rs 37 or ?

I get lucky sometimes when I give 4-5 order

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

relimart
Community Member

the issue that you are talking about is happening in FEDEX.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. I tried speaking to my local FEDEX office but they are saying they cant change the weight. 

Only solution is to send an email to inlogistics in the below formate and they will credit the extra charge for shipping.

Paisapay IDAwb number Product wgt(After Packing)Shipment ValueShipping charges chargedProduct name
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello,

I have seen a discrepancy in weights (Bluedart and Fedex) of items very recently, say for the last 1 month. EBay has started showing weight of 5.0 kgs in labels and some of my items have been charged 5 kgs when they are hardly 200 gms (I am selling light plastic containers only). Mailing Ebay regularly to get these sorted.

What I have found out after talking with DTDC that they never weigh the materials themselves using a weighing machine, they only scan the barcode and the weight gets in automatically registered. This weight is given by Ebay, but do not know how they put in the weights without weighing my items physically. We need to know the logic behind this calculation so that we can fix the shipping costs.

Now, Bluedart suddenly has started putting in 1000 gms against my items, when they are hardly 200-300 gms in weight. Seems, either the weight calculation of Ebay has broken down or they are now trying to get rid of the 500 gms slab and started to put in 1000 gms for all items.

In short, I am passing through a tough phase these days and do not know how long I can continue like this.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I guess you are selling light weight containers but bigger in size than the weight will indicate.

First check the volumetric weight. LSP's dont go by actual weight .

lenghtXbreadthX height in cm X 6000= actual weight to be charged .

first make a list for all your prodcuts this calculation and post it here.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This information is really helpful.

I think that dimensional weight (in kgs) = (length X breadth X height)/dimensional factor (donot know whether couriers consider dimensional factor as 5000 or 6000)

We can consider 6000 and do the calculations.

Thanks again for the right pointer.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There is error in ebay labels only i have been charged 30kg and 5kg on many 200 gram parcels.

When i checked labels few items are showing 5kg weight on label itself.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply