cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when buyers dont read item description properly

grab_n_run
Community Member
Recently a buyer bought two phones from me, a good buyer with 10-12 feedbacks. I sent the item to him. It clearly stated in my item that the item has a DEALERS WARRANTY and not MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY .
So the buyer took the item to the respected service centre for no reason just to ask them that should he accept the phone or how the phone is . Obviously the phone had an at&t logo on it and they told him not to accept it. Now the buyer writes a mail to me as item not as described.
He says that the phone is not original and he wants a refund .
Now i know that the phone is original and i can proove these things too , i have sold 8 peices of the same phone with positive response from buyers.
Refund is not an issue but the thing is I have invested almost 2000 in sending him the phones via INSURED Bluedart courier , he threatens to leave a negative feedback , all this for something for which i am not responsible.
He hasnt opened any claim till now but i am scared , i am a new seller on ebay only around 45-50 days and this is the first claim against me.
Suppose if i am forced to issue refund as i have read in many stories i suffer a lost of 2000, packaging materials , time and capital investment , also the depriciation occured because the phone being used by the customer for a couple of days. The life timer will not show 00:00 as it was originally.
I am scared as you can read out . Can any experienced seller or the pinks help me out
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

gizmobhai
Community Member
boss, ebay selling is a mad bad world or cut throtism where even the best struggle to survive..

reading ur story, i get a feeling you r not meant for this, perhaps u can save urself a lot of heart burn and losses by redirecting ur energy elsewhere
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
boss, ebay selling is a mad bad world or cut throtism where even the best struggle to survive..

reading ur story, i get a feeling you r not meant for this, perhaps u can save urself a lot of heart burn and losses by redirecting ur energy elsewhere
Message 3 of 3
latest reply