cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrealastic Shipping Charge Cap For Some Categoies Categories

linusstudios
Community Member
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hl6AiCmZoS0/TLsqbiuCgCI/AAAAAAAAFFM/pwlmOo9ScPk/Capture.JPG

Please refer the latest hike in shipping charges By Dtdc. This image has been picked from DTDC website. I was just relisting a belt. Now that belt weighs 300 Gms and I find that the Cap has been placed at Rs 55. Its going to Cost us Rs 100 for rest of India+ additional Packaging charges + Risk Surcharge of 4% .

Thats why earlier I had laid emphasis on product specific cap on shipping charges.

Why not have sellers declare Weight as a field while listing and shipping charges Cap placed accordingly?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

yaa i also agree with linusstudios

i wud also like to add a example
For shipping a HDMI cable which is 1.5 meter cost u around 50 rs and if u ship 10 meter its cost u more then 100 rs but as per ebay shipping charges Cap we have to take only 55 rs irrespective of length

There are many more case in which we incurred loss in shipping

For calculator the shipping charges Cap is just 55 but where else we need to pay more then 80
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ reliableenterprise

Yes Sir. your example further proves the point. These and many other things are technical and specific to individual categories. Before implementation had suggestions taken from a couple of sellers who understand those categories, these glitches could have been avoided.

This shipping charge cap and the penalty being imposed on refunds made are making me remind of the medieval history when Md Bin Tughluq shifted his capital from Delhi to Devagiri and started Alloy coins in exchange of Gold/Silver ones. Though the intent was noble but they failed owing to short sightedness and inappropriate timings.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

you are absolutely right...this is the real shipping charges .... and even for our clocks ..those weight is approx 5 kg and we can only charge rs.55/-.........
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi

Its real fact but I think just for buyer satisfaction & For FVF eBay is saying sellers to mention specified charges only. I think that is completely wrong.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ashindian
Community Member
The new shipping charges limit for stamps category is absolutely ridiculous. I am selling a collection of stamps that is housed in 7 kgs of stamp albums and yet I can charge only Rs. 75. Would anyone be able to ship such a collection in just Rs. 75?

Also, stamp sheets have to be packed in heaving packing to prevent damage, these shipments cost easily above Rs. 75 in just postage.

All I can say is that in a way, eBay is FLEECING its sellers.
Why do I say this using somewhat strong words?

If I cannot charge the actual shipping cost of say Rs. 1,000, then I have to include it in the item price and then pay eBay FVF on it!

These recent rates are FOISTED on us without any recourse.

I have read the earlier posts and am somewhat surprised that NO ONE from EBAY has responded to this discussion!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

dspblack
Community Member
Ebay india is becoming nusance for seller this days. r0Fl
r0Fl
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

bestundergarments
Community Member
I think they have a point.

Almost 97% of the items on ebay are non meaningful.

Like most of us, there are only a hand few dedicated sellers on ebay who work full time.

Being this said, please understand this drive from ebay is a step in organize and filtering listings, small time sellers who charge heavily and increase our sales volume will now have hard time , thereby increasing our sales volume.
I am Selling Bra's on ebay. Average cost of my product is INR 250.
Since the day cap price was introduced i have recorded sales of more then 25,000.

I request you to come out of bracket and see the world with wider spectrum. The possibilities are anonymous.
Nupur
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Agreed. The shipping charge cap is unrealistically low. I sent a 1.5kg package via DTDC today and it cost me Rs. 220. Just imagine the charge if you are sending something around 3 or 4 kgs.

Then I have to pay around 15% of listing fee in total to ebay because not only do I have to pay Final Value Fee but also PaisaPay fees. Where is the profit?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply