cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed post price increased by 60% - Are you effected?

gnurpreetsingh
Community Member
Friends,
We just found out that the prices of Speed post has been increase by almost 60%. The "One India On Post" scheme which allowed us to send <50gm articles at a flat Rs. 25 all across India has been discontinued. The same costs Rs. 40 now.

Distance based price slabs have been introduced for heavier items.

We are effected on our low price (Sub Rs. 100) listings. We will have to increase prices....

Please share your experience and solutions...

Gurpreet
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

kshitij009
Community Member
I knew that it is going to happen because i read so many times about it in newspapers.

Definitely i have to revise my listings becuase i send my all items by speedpost Because even now it is much cheaper, secure and safe in comparsion to couriers, atleast for me
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I am a regular user of Speed Post. I will still continue as I had no bad experiences even with high value items.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@kshitij009...

Better get your facts right. Speed was expensive and will always remain expensive as compared to courier rates(for rate contract).

In fact it is even more expensive than ebay's powershipping rates which charges you only Rs.47.19 per 500gms all inclusive along with packing material for sending to all India whereas speed post is charging you Rs.90/- per 500gms for the same and there is no POD and no security of your product.
StopandShop
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
rajelectroniks

thats absolutely right.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

kshitij009
Community Member
@raj but ebay powership is not available in most of the tier-2 or tier-3 cities. and users who dont sell much items rate contracts cannot be done
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@kshitij009...

I am in a tier-1 city (Nashik in Maharashtra) and powership works fine with me, yes there are some issues and if you have volume sales then a regular follow up is required but just see the number of headaches it solves for you, no late delivery, no breakages, no theft, no issue of buyer not marking item not received, no buyers calling you up for shipments date and many more. Not to forget branded packing material which is made available to sellers.

I have opted for it because it has more PROS than CONS but that's my view.

You can call up logistics team and I am sure they will help you.
StopandShop
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@uniquecreations2012...

Thank you.
StopandShop
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
In Speed Post, you can attach an AD card (separate AD cards are available for Speed Post on request) which can act as a POD. It will be returned with the customers signature, date and time.

The following is an extract from an article about Compensation posted on India Post website.

Speed Post Compensation:

to be paid in respect of Domestic Speed Post articles

For delay - Speed Post charges
For loss / total theft / total damage - Double of the Speed Post charges or INR. 1000 whichever is less.

to be paid in respect of International EMS articles

Compensation to be paid in respect of International EMS articles booked in Post Offices in India in case of loss / total theft / total damage are as under :-

For delay - Speed Post charges
For loss / total theft / total damage - 30 SDR (1 SDR = INR 65.8222 for 2009)

For the original post please visit the India Post website. Under Premium Products click on Speed Post. On Speed Post page click on Compensation.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@spl_ind...

Don't quote from website, you are talking of postal system of India. If you file a lost article case you will be lucky if your son gets the compensation if at all. Experience it yourself first and then say. What are they going to compensate, 2 times the speedpost charges, that is joke or what ??
StopandShop
Message 10 of 10
latest reply