cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Problem With claims Team over Damaged item case

android.curve1
Community Member
Dear Co-sellers,

Need your help, and standing against misuse of power by Claims team.

We have faced lots of problem from claim team over damaged item cases. We have mentioned in ebay listing all products are insured in transit and buyer need to sign pod if he receives damaged product or missing components.

But buyer never signs on POD. They claim damaged product after 1-2 weeks of delivery. They never contact courier company. And claims department asks buyer to ship back product and they process refund without even communicating with seller.

If buyer makes mistake and does not sign pod who is responsible in it.

also how one can say it was really damaged in transit and not from buyer himself.

Many buyers taking advantage in such cases. Anyone can buy a 50 inch tv and break it himself and claim refund from ebay.

We seller earn margin of 2% and insure shipments and always under pressure and tensions of feedback and losses.

Buyers straight away send back products, They started claiming money for returning product as well. Also buyers never pay octroi and we need to pay for them incase anywhere levied even though we mention on ebay listings.

ALL these things just to save from negative feedbacks.

This is strange and disgusting situation because sellers are not allowed to leave feedbacks.

Kindly help.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

mahalaxmi_communication
Community Member
dear sir this is true

two of my buyers leave feedback after using item for two months

as they are alllowed to leave feeback for 3 months

when i am giving checking warranty of seven days why they are allowed to leave a negative

in another case two of my buyers purchased the article raised ebay gurantee claim we are ready to refund him but they donot want to send the product back

ebay reject the claim

and they leave negative now ebay is saying to talk to the buyer for removal of negative how the buyer would be ready to remove the negative they want there money back with product

help us ebay otherwise one day come when sellers would sell for one day and next day another seller come because policies created by you we are not been able to survive

i am selling on many other platforms and when problem comes over there they contact buyer and solve the issue buyer donot leave negative
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello Dear sellers

Its no point blaming the ebay claim department. Because here in India site every police is just a replica of ebay.com, Ebay India staff is good at copying policy of other ebay site. Specialy when ebay as a company is against the replica.

Also the quality of customer support and other support staff is so excellent that a seller can even forget his own business and have to waste time on teaching them the product details of the site.

Plus the communication of the claim team is excellent they become commanding over a member and kind of a language used by them always lead to a never ending argument.

Trust me you would get tired writing mail to the claim team for seller protection or any other issue there will be no revert on it.

Also the best part is double standard statements.First they say that if some thing goes wrong than we are there for you please call customer support and a claim adjuster will call you. After refund getting approved you come to know the buyer had sent empty parcel or the shipment not received you call the CS team and what you get the reply is now the claim is closed so the claim adjuster will not call you and we cannot help you further.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

android.curve1
Community Member
I hope Ebay makes some amendments in Rules for Broken Items & Missing items Cases. As ebay business is based on trust & faith betn sellers and buyers. But Unless some rules are followed by buyers and sellers transactions can go smoother. As sellers do suffer while working on very low margin.

Thank you
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

I told lots of time on this forum do not offer quotes without margin. android.curve1 Why you are selling at 2% margin? Even in local market no one sales. This kind of habbit of selling will hamer other business. Keep atleast 10-15% margin so that if something such situation arises you will atleast cover some amount through sale.

I have seen some of the sellers are giving product price lesser than purchase price. Don't know how? So Please don't do such things which will hamper others business.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

mahalaxmi_communication
Community Member
@Vilas JI

YOU HAVE THE POINT BUT LET ME CLEAR ONE THING IF I AM EARNING 60 % MARGIN AND IF I GET A FALSE NEGATIVE WOULD IBE HAPPY PREFERABLY I WOULD BE NOT

OUR DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE POLICIES NOT ABOUT THE PRICES

SO KINDLY PRAY TOGETHER THAT SOMETHING GOOD POLICY SHOULD BE INTRODUCED WHICH WOULD BENEFICIAL FOR US IN FUTURE

THANKS
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

online_sushil
Community Member
ebay claim department is so rude, they call us on the last date for the resolution and say we dont have so we are refunding to the buyer,

one time buyer use the item for 20 days and after 20 dfays we raise a claim in ebay guarantee that the item is not working, and claim adjuster told me to refund the money or give the replacement, i denied for that as we do not give warranty on electronic chinies item but they refund the money to the buyer without asking to send the item back

this is the only one example from which i have face on ebay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

android.curve1
Community Member
Thats True Dear Mahalaxmi Communication,

We need to force ebay makes amendments and rules while accepting parcels and they should be for every buyer. So Lost & Damaged goods criteria will be more open and helpful for buyers and sellers since Courier company is only mediator between buyer and seller so there should be information noted on Courier companies DSR Copy.

IF buyer do not make note then he should not be allowed to make complaint for damage or lost shipment after 2-3 weeks time 🙂

Or else there will be enough of cheat buyers who will buy product and claim broken or missing and send back different product and Earn product and money as well as there is no one to verify their claims.

Thank you
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

This is even happening with me as i ensure that all items are fully checked before they are sealed and dispatched, but i am experiencing day by day buyers are putting refund replacement claims just because they dont like it or tampered it from working non working state. I seriously feel they are just taking advantage of eBay buyer protection system.

In an recent case where completely checked fully functioning mobile phone with all accessories were dispatched to buyer and buyer said one of the camera accessory was working first time then it stopped working, which seemed weird to me as how that is possible unless one has seriously done some damage or tampering
Now buyer don't like the way phone functions or behaves and want to return it back which is absolutely not acceptable. Do you think we sellers have open some kind try and test shop on eBay, where buyers can buy stuff and use, play with it, tamper it, if like it kept it or else return it back.

Nower days buyers are getting these kind of ideas quite often due to eBay buyer protection program in place!

I have also mentioned i do not accept any returns once brand new box pack seal is opened, used and tampered or damaged.

Now he has put replacement refund dispute! and claims it as faulty item,, which is so not right and making really difficult for any seller to sell through this platform!
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

android.curve1
Community Member
We must call our self Ebay Toys 🙂

Play the way you want.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply