Selling Internationally On Ebay India

dimpler
Community Member
Dear Ebay India,

Can someone help me out and clarify the situation with selling internationally on Ebay India?

I recently received your email welcoming me as an Ebay USA user to Ebay India. This email had a link to your hub page and I have copied in this email a quotation from your hub site welcome message:

"All Baazee users are now part of eBay. This means that you can use your Baazee user id and password to buy and sell across any of the eBay sites around the world. This offers a tremendous opportunity for all our users
to trade globally."

However, I attempted to list my item on eBay India, but when I submitted my listing for final approval I received a message back saying that I could not list the item because the item was not located in India.

I already sell my items on other countries Ebay sites with no problem.

Is this statement on your hub page in fact accurate? Can I trade globally from the US to India via Ebay India or not? Can ebay members from any countries other than India permitted to sell to India via Ebay India? Are eBay India users located in India able to trade globally via eBay sites in countries other than India? If so, why can't I list my product on Ebay India? If that is the case it would be an unfair or restricted trade practice.

Please clarify this for me.

Thank you very much
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Selling Internationally On Ebay India

sonyfan2100
Community Member
unfortunately you cannot list your item if you are base d in usa and want to list your times for sale on www.ebay.in

this site sucks bigtime.

i wated 1 whole hour trying to list my laotp with free shipping for indian buyer sonly but this wretched site did not let me do it.

pls do not waste your time and energy trying to list your products ever on this horrible site with equally horrible customer service, consisting of people who have no lcue what job they are doing.......
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

dimpler
Community Member
Sonyfan,

I am just wondering if this policy may just be a relic of the old Baazee site that has not been rectified yet under the new Ebay India site due to an oversight. I have sent an email about this to support/help but they have not replied yet.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi dimpler and sonyfan2100,

We apologize for the confusion regarding ths issue of International Sellers listing on eBay India. To clarify the situation, a seller who is registered in another eBay country site currently cannot list their items on eBay.in because the "Item Location" must be listed in India.

Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

dimpler
Community Member
Rohit,

Thank you for your reply.

Is this just a programming glitch that will be fixed?

Or is it in fact the policy of Ebay India that people from other countries cannot sell their items on the site?

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

pravin_iam11
Community Member
Dear Ebay India,

Can someone help me out and clarify the situation with selling internationally on Ebay India?

I recently received your email welcoming me as an Ebay USA user to Ebay India. This email had a link to your hub page and I have copied in this email a quotation from your hub site welcome message:

"All Baazee users are now part of eBay. This means that you can use your Baazee user id and password to buy and sell across any of the eBay sites around the world. This offers a tremendous opportunity for all our users
to trade globally."
Message 6 of 6
latest reply