Seller Protection is a Joke on Ebay India

This is regarding a claim (eBay Guarantee Claim No.260241) raised against me by a buyer on Ebay India. The product in question is an HTC ONE X Mobile phone, worth 18700 (plus shipping). I had, as listed, provided the buyer with a brand new mobile phone. As buyers have been doing for a long time now (in connivance with Ebay India), the buyer opened a guarantee claim stating the item was old, when I had sent him a sealed packed NEW mobile phone. When the buyer could not prove that the phone was old, he started making trival claims like the charger is scratched, the phones "manufacturing" date, which he checked on some wierd chinese site, was old etc. Ebay India was swift and prompt to close the case in favor of the buyer (even though the Ebay service center guy Rahul Dev did not have any valid reason for closing the case in the buyers favor. In fact, he started the call by saying "Sir , the buyer has asked for a refund. So when can you process a refund to the buyer.....". After all this, the buyer returned me the phone and, it was no surprise, that the phone was broken (Even though the buyer had it only for a week). The back was cracked and the phone showed signs that it had been opened. It no longer boots up and there is no way I can use it, let alone sell it.

When I went searching on the Ebay India site, there is no option or button for Seller protection. When you go to

http://eguarantee.ebay.in/eg/SellerProtection

and click on Raise a claim, it only allows you to raise a claim on items you BOUGHT in the recent past. So it is obvious that this button, intended for seller protection, just takes you back to the Buyer Protection page.

After a lot of searching I come across a small line in their FAQ that says "mail sellerprotection@ebay.com" for Seller Protection. When I mailed them, there isnt even an automated response from Ebay (which BTW is a common thing for all Ebay mail ids, you GET an automated acknowledgement, AT LEAST). Shows very well that the seller protection mailbox is just a phony, and not monitored at all.

I hope Ebay India gets its act together before all of us sellers desert it, leaving it for what it really is becoming, just another scam site on the internet.

Hope this finds some responsible Ebay India members quickly before Ebay goes bust.

Thanks

Abhishek

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

1. item not received claim - (seller shipped )auto refund with out signed POD . you can not provide POD & you can not stop the refund.

if you sell any thing more than Rs 1000- stick to only powership.

but Powership will rob you on a daily basis with charging 2.5 kg for bluedart foo a 100 gram item- Got cha!Man Wink

2. if you sell any thing over Rs 2500 - even with out warranty- (2% extra paisapay fee) ebay may decide favouring buyer with buyer returning some thing else or part of the item. you can do anything

3.ebay fees is now cheapest compared to all other portals. but the price you have to pay by all these above perils.

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

LOL! that was good joke! wait... you don't really think that buyers are safe on ebay, do you? that's even bigger joke!!!

Message 52 of 52
latest reply