Search Engines Error!

singaporemall_in1
Community Member
We've listed Ipod in the Category ''' Consumer Electronics > Mp3 Players & Accessories > MP3 Players > Apple iPod > iPod Photo ''''''' but whenever anyone searches Ipod from the first page, it's not coming up....
===============
All the regular free listings are showing up, we've paid Rs 70 per listing and is of no use...Similarly, in Cameras, we've Rs 70/- for Featured Listing plus Highlight and what we get is the Listing on 7th Page of 5 Megapixel cameras...
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Search Engines Error!

singaporemall_in1
Community Member
Search Engines it seems do not search for Featured Listings or Home Page Featured Listings, it searches only for Regular Listings............Anyone can see, search the keyword '''ipod'''' from the first page (home) page of Ebay and you get results from all the Regular Listings, none of the featured Listings come in the search...
===============================
The Other thing is even if it comes under the search, it comes at 5th or 6th page below the regular listings....
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Search Engines Error!

essech
Community Member
I do not find my India listings when I try with exact item names in search of eBay.com. In my opinion the items should show in worldwide search even though they are not paid for worldwide listing. What says you?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Search Engines Error!

cellphonewala
Community Member
Hi All,

The default criteria of search is ending soon and hence your listing even though Featured will not appear on Page 1 or Page 2 or even Page 3.

If you Feature your listing with Featured Plus, your listing will be on top of other listing in the category view. However in search view it will only be on the top of the page as defined by ending soon.

So choose your featuring wisely. There is a tutorial on featuring somewhere in the cafe, you would be well adviced to go through it.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Search Engines Error!

rajeshi@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello singaporemall_in1

I guess cellphonewala has addressed the issue but let me just reiterate as to how Feature Plus works

The 2 ways in which Buyers can search for items are 1. Category & 2. Search

On going through Category the logic of items appearing is Featured Items followed by Non Featured Items. In this case Featured Items will always appear above the Non Featured Items. The order in which the items will appear will be

All Featured Items
All Non Featured Items

On going through Search the default logic for appearing of items is ending soon (again buyers can change sort items by Price / Distance etc.etc.) and again within that the priority is Featued Items followed by Non Featured Items. e.g. The order in which the items will appear will be
Day 1 Featured Items
Day 1 Non Featured Items
Day 2 Featured Items
Day 2 Non featured items
and so on so forth

I hope i have answered your query. Do let me know if you have any more questions

Rajesh
Regards,
Rajesh

Regards,
Rajesh
Message 5 of 5
latest reply