Relaunch of Ebay Matters?

While ebay is expected to return, I fear that Flipkart has already dealt death blow to any future revival. All the existing sellers and buyers of eBay will be migrated to new platform of Flipkart. It means that ebay will have to start from scratch with zero sellers and zero customers. It will perhaps take at least couple of years for eBay to regain some ground.

How many sellers here who solely depend on eBay would be able to wait that long.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Relaunch of Ebay Matters?

Yes. That is why they decided to shut it down before the ebay flipkart deal was officially cancelled...once the website is shut down all the sellers will be forced to associate with other website especially flipkart ..and ebay will have a hard time relaunching it ..After reading the latest announcment regarding the change in remittance cycle for all sellers which will now be more than 30 days its very clear that they are hell bent one destrying our buisness and forcing the sellers to get desperate and associate with flipkart...They are big frauds and we all have experinced this in the last few months ...i really want ebay should make some announcemet officially regaring its intentions to relaunch in india if they are looking at that...this will calm the selleres and give them some reasuurance to hang on and wait for ebay to come back.. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes .. They want to damage eBay India .. Because eBay India is the main raival of flipkart new shopping potral which they lunch shortly ...

I m always with eBay India .. Also expected some good news fron ebay inc as soon

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes .. They want to damage eBay India .. Because eBay India is the main raival of flipkart new shopping potral which they lunch shortly ...

@kanishka721 wrote:

Yes. That is why they decided to shut it down before the ebay flipkart deal was officially cancelled...once the website is shut down all the sellers will be forced to associate with other website especially flipkart ..and ebay will have a hard time relaunching it ..After reading the latest announcment regarding the change in remittance cycle for all sellers which will now be more than 30 days its very clear that they are hell bent one destrying our buisness and forcing the sellers to get desperate and associate with flipkart...They are big frauds and we all have experinced this in the last few months ...i really want ebay should make some announcemet officially regaring its intentions to relaunch in india if they are looking at that...this will calm the selleres and give them some reasuurance to hang on and wait for ebay to come back.. 

I m always with eBay India .. Also expected some good news fron ebay inc as soon

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't think ebay will give any assurance. The recent word from eBay CEO was that it made no sense to invest in eBay India which is why we sold it to Flipkart. Even their new venture is unimpressive. They want to only focus on cross border trade by allowing Indian sellers to sell overseas. I don't know what it will achieve since we can already do that on eBay.com.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay CEO announcement of may -- source == CNBC

"We plan to relaunch eBay India with a differentiated offer to focus initially on the cross-border trade opportunity, which we believe is significant," eBay said in a statement. "We believe there is huge growth potential for e-commerce in India and significant opportunity for multiple players to succeed in India's diverse, domestic market."
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Please read this post, It's very important for all sellers who are concerned about their remittances as much as I am.....

All-sellers-must-read-this-post-VERY-IMPORTANT/m-p/159581#M19307

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Some good news for eBay sellers..
Flipkart launched site for refurbished goods on their own 2gud.com...
So have high hopes ebay will come back again soon with their own original policy again!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply