Receiving Payments from International Buyers

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All

The most popular question among all sellers who are selling internationally is 'How to receive payments from International Buyers'. We encourage all members to use this thread as a central place for sharing your experience and discussing International payments with other fellow members.

Regards
Amarjit

Thanks
Amar
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Hello,
Can anyone please tell me if PAYPAL IS LEGAL?

I mean when we do export from Post Office they ask for FIRC/PP FORM.

But while getting payment via PAYPAL we do not get any such certificate.

I want to start international Selling and want to ship items through EMS.

Can please kindly tell me how to do export and how to clear the problem of proof of receiving payment( i.e. FIRC/PP Form).

Your help is highly appreciated and I hope I will get details guidelines.

I have IEC Code already.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Sanjeev
Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Paypal is perfectly legal. There is no limit as to what you can receive as you receive payment in rupees and not in foreign currency.

Paypal seems to be a safer option ( atleast to me) than paisapay as money is credited instantly to your account. When you send out items use a reputable courier which has online tracking and you nullify chances for charge back. EMS speed post will do.

Paypal has a new system where you can add your bank account number and IFSC number and get credited directly to your bank account if you do not want to receive money by cheques.
You can ask your bank what your IFSC number and update your paypal account.
As for FIRC/PP Form is concerned your post office is wrong. You can export anything upto Rs 25000 through courier with minimal paperwork.
Regards
Onesimpleman
Message 42 of 62
latest reply

royalpet72
Community Member
i gone through several postings,
probably one can get payment from internationla buyer to their bank account through payment gatway, Paypal is one of them, there are several payment gatways . even icici has that facility. they get payment from the buyers through credit card and credite our account and deduct their commition.
anil
Message 43 of 62
latest reply

gehnna
Community Member
Dear All,

Hello !

As we are here discussing about international payments so I would like to share my experience with all my co-sellers.

Basic Requirement to Export anything:
1)Must Have Pan No. (Income Tax No.)
2)IEC Code
3)An Current Account of Your Firm In Any Nationalize Bank dealing in foreign currencies.
---------------------------------------------------------
Receiving Funds Through Paypal is totally Illegal. Still we are accepting it because we don't have any alternate.
but it is not the proper way to export.
For Gem & Jewellery Sellers - Can't Ship a single Rupees jewellery of precious metals or precious or semi-precious through courier.
You can clear all your doubts by visiting the link below.
http://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/main.php3?id=CLPR2
You can clear the picture.
The legal way to receive the payment is Wire Transfer (T.T), D.D, Cheque or Credit Card through proper channel.
Wire transfer (T.T) - It is very simple and anyone who are having IEC code and Current account and wish to export can use this facility by providing your buyer the bank swift code. Each and every bank has there own unique payment route, which can be get by visiting to bank. Each currency has a different swift code so keep in mind when you forward it to your buyer.
There is a fix format of Export Invoice. You can get this format in the market or can email me at ganpatishoppee@gmail.com with your email address.
You must have to ship this parcel using EMS (SPEED POST) 4 copies of Invoice either printed or typed. Custom supervisor will inspect your parcel, values on invoice and article details. If everything is fine custom people will seal the parcel and endorsed the invoice and return you two copies of invoice. Now you can deposit parcel at speed post counter. They will issue a receipt which is most important while you submit the invoice to bank in case if you are receiving money via T.T you must have to submit the invoice within 21 days to bank. Bank forward these documents to RBI. So that is properly an export. It is a very easy process.
if anyone know more about legalization about PayPal please let me know.
Thank you.

With Regards
Kapil.K
Message 44 of 62
latest reply

niceshop4u
Community Member
For More Details :

check this : http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001851

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,
Chinmay Tripathi
Message 45 of 62
latest reply

fortune*seller
Community Member
hi everyone,

my problem is that, an international buyer asked for the product... the value of the product will remain same but the shipping charges will differ.. so, my question is ... do i have to create a new listing for that customer with revised shipping rates.

regards
vinay
Message 46 of 62
latest reply

hitsndeals
Community Member
Hi! All
I am first time on this discussion and it is great to be in this community
Thanks
Umesh
Message 47 of 62
latest reply

bestoonline
Community Member
Hi All ,

For selling Internationally few Things need to be remembered .
1)While Creating Listing i would suggest go for Opetion which says International Shipping and Choose the shipping pRICE .
2)yUR PAYMENTS WOULD BE SAFELY tRANSFERRED THROUGH PAYPAL,IT CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO UR SAVINGS ACCOUNTS AS WELL AS CREDIT CARD WITH IN 3 WORKING DAY.
THANK YOU
Message 48 of 62
latest reply

rockyroc2009
Community Member
:-DHI

If u want to ship internallationaly , you need to have paypal ID. And when a product is brought by a international buyer first the payment is made, which can be transfered to your bank account.
Once you are convinced you can go forward and ship the product .
It's that easy.......................
Message 49 of 62
latest reply

rajatheeraja
Community Member
Only Idiots and Fools will sell products in Ebay.in
Message 50 of 62
latest reply