cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODR India will not be accepted from 19th May 2008

assemblerz
Community Member
http://pages.ebay.in/services/forum/new.html

May I still use online dispute services like ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals to have negative Feedback removed?

eBay will no longer accept Feedback removal requests from ODR India, SquareTrade or NetNeutrals, even when both buyers and sellers agree to have the Feedback removed.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200805.shtml#2008-05-08130956

We mentioned that we'd be aligning the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process with the new system. After much consideration, we've made the decision to remove the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process. The reason is that – under the new rules - it opens sellers up to extortion. As part of this decision, Mutual Agreement from third-party Feedback mediation services, such as ODR India SquareTrade, will also no longer be accepted.
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Dear brand.deal,
I also totally against this new change,It is right that sometime buyer in hurry leaves Negative feedback and later on understanding the whole procedure and talking with seller the buyer agree to withdraw the feedback,But Thanks to eBay,Now we will not be able to get remove any feedback.

Well I think that there is no use of writing here as eBay don't care whatever we say.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Hi,

Again a new shocking news from eBay. But its worthless to write it here cos if ebay has decided then be sure it has to b applied. We have seen it many times in past that writing on boards is of no worth. No body is here to consider .:_|
If you do not agree with ebay policies leave the place.

Thanks and Regards
Ram krishan
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

We understand your concerns regarding upcoming Feedback changes and we would like to highlight that while we are making these changes we are ensuring that sellers are protected and with the new system they benefit from the changes.

Sellers not being able to leave Negative Feedback

We all realise that this is a huge change and below are the processes that we have put in place to ensure that our sellers are protected from any abuse of this policy.

1. Removal of neutral or negative Feedback when a buyer becomes suspended - so suspended buyers won't be able to negatively impact a seller's record. If a buyer uses the threat of negative Feedback to demand more than what was promised in the item description (e.g. discounts, freebies, Free Shipping) the seller should immediately report the buyer to eBay. If there is clear evidence of extortion eBay will take action. If a buyer shows a pattern of malicious behavior, eBay will suspend the buyer and any negative or neutral Feedback the buyer has left for sellers will be removed. Reports from sellers based on specific policy violations such as Unpaid Item, transaction interference, Feedback Abuse and Feedback Extortion will be used to identify buyers who violate eBay Policy.
  2. Repeat Feedback credit - even though the seller is not able to remove the negative via MFW, there is still an incentive to correct any issue the buyer had with them since repeat buyer Feedback now counts.
  3. Strengthening the Leave Feedback flow with enhancements to encourage communication with the seller before negative or neutral Feedback is left.
  4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on past 12 months, which lessens the long-term impact of an unfair negative.
  5. Enhancing Buyer Requirements - this enables sellers to better control which buyers purchase from them.

• UPI buyer requirement will enable sellers to prevent buyers from bidding/buying who had a strike as much as
    • 12 months ago (instead of the 30 days today).
      A new buyer requirement will enable sellers to restrict buyers who have policy violations against them.

6. 7 day waiting period before a buyer can leave negative or neutral Feedback for PowerSellers who have been on site for 12 months or more.

Also one of the concerns was Removal of Mutual feedback Withdrawal (MFW) & Third party mediations for which we would like to provide you a small background.

Since only buyers can leave negative Feedback, there was a possibility that the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal process could be used as a tool for Extortion. For eg. A buyer might leave the negative feedback initially but then removes it only once satisfied. Also the above mentioned protections cover the scope of the benefits from the Mutual Feedback Withdrawal (MFW) process and 3rd Party Feedback Mediations and hence the change.

Having said that we are creating a Seller Reporting Hub Page which will be used to report any buyer who misuses the feedback policy and against whom necessary action will be taken.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

Hi all,

Every month we here a shocking news from eBay Team and now we are used to it because our suggestion or protest doesn't count. Their decision is final and binding. We just have to watch the new policy or system with our fingers crossed.

It takes a lot of hard work and customer satisfaction steps taken by the sellers to maintain 100% Positive Feedback as Navaneeth too agrees. Now if the ball remains in the buyer's side and no hope for the sellers to request a MFW then where will be the genuine PowerSellers?

Now it will be a dream for the genuine sellers to have a 100% Rating for which we feel proud of.

Regards,

Message 14 of 69
latest reply

niceshop4u
Community Member
Well, I am the First Seller on EBAY then ......

I got 2 emails from my buyers about feedback changes. in day or 2 I will get 2 negative FB 85 %. They send me this FB Policy and wrote that, if they will give negative feedback then none can help you. so they are feeling free from square trade and ODR now.

IN THIS CASE, I WILL BE SCREWED. I SOLD ALMOST 100 PHONES IN 2 DAYS. I HAVE 99 % BUYERS ARE HAPPY AND SATISFIED. BUT THOSE WHO DONT, JUST SENT ME EMAIL WITH POLICY NOTIFICATION.

I AM GLAD THAT I NEED TO GIVE THEM REFUND AND THE PHONE WHICH I SOLD TO THEM. 😞

WHAT SHOULD I SAY MORE ????

THANK YOU EBAY.

KIND REGARDS,
CHINMAY TRIPATHI.:-(
Message 15 of 69
latest reply

Frankly Indraneel we weren't expecting a Copy/Paste answer !

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
I pity eBay India . Poor guys. A hard working bunch who is putting up a brave face to all this flak for decisions that are never made by them in the first place !

Since all this 'new &improved' feedback business is decided in their San Jose office with help of business consultants, there is very little our desi pinks can do anything about it. They are driven instead of driving this decisions . So can't blame them in my honest opinion.

eBay is using the same business model in all countries and does not incorporate any local flavours. The whole feedback model is depending on the degree of seller / buyer trust enjoyed in developed countries. But, in India, the same model will surely bring in a shopping haven for buyers and all hell will break loose for us sellers.

I still love you ebay India pinks !

Krishna
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

niceshop4u
Community Member
100 % Agree with Krishna.....

So now we can not USE SM PRO or SM!!! As per eBay, it’s Extortion for the buyer, if buyer will get

Payment reminders,

Feedback reminders,

Shipping notifications,

Personal emails

Payment notifications, ...... Wow, EBAY is really caring for their BUYERS..... Now I think I would love to be a BUYER on EBAY rather then SELLER.

If SM PRO will send FB reminders automatically, then also seller has to bare NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. GREAT OPTION.

PINKS ...EBAY.... THANX.

Kind Regards,
Chinmay Tripathi
Message 18 of 69
latest reply

kabirimpex
Community Member
Hi

We thought and rather were really happy that Ambareesh Murty is now the new country head who could understand what sellers need but with new changes under his leadership , his team mates are actually after sellers which really makes us unhappy and disappoints us in every respect ,

Specially looks like Vidmay Naini X-(has some personal grudges with sellers and he is making an optimal use of his position to screw sellers life.

I know nothing would happen shouting on ebay community but still can expect a little mercy from the NEW, creative Country Head Mr. Ambareesh Murty.

Basic tools we need to survive on ebay india
* Mutual withdrawal Feedback form
* ODR India Support

Thanks for making sellers life HELL
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

So if any seller is harrased by a buyer then the seller needs to report him to eBay so that the other sellers can block him with the new tool. How stupid… naya ID kholna sirf panch min ka kaam hai. Blocks won’t work out.

Strengthening the Leave Feedback flow with enhancements to encourage communication with the seller before negative or neutral Feedback is left.
Buyers don’t even read what they are buying and what description is written. Why would they waste time going through the pages before feedback… Just next next next and feedback left.

Positive Feedback percentage will be based on past 12 months, which lessens the long-term impact of an unfair negative.
We do not care for the negatives that were received long back. Now we are used to it. But recent negatives will surely hurt and we should get a chance to remove it.

eBay WAS a fun market place. You people have replaced the fun with shock by dictating the policies that you dream of by sitting in an office. Come to the ground. The ground realities are totally different.

With the old rules suppose if a buyer rates negative and says that handsfree is not working then I would prefer to give an extra handsfree and get the negative withdrawn mutually. But in the new scenario I will not give anything extra as negative cannot be withdrawn even after satisfying him. So who cares situation will arise

Having said that we are creating a Seller Reporting Hub Page which will be used to report any buyer who misuses the feedback policy and against whom necessary action will be taken
For any reports we will get a copy paste matter saying that we donot disclose the actions taken to third party reporters.

We were updated that there will be some upcoming seller protection. We got a cool new protection by removing the mutual feedback withdrawal.

Can we expect some different reply rather than a copy paste matter which is already written on the announcement page?

Regards
Shuaib
Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 20 of 69
latest reply