Non paying bidders

raghukashi
Community Member
When I was buying on ebay, I was glad to see they introduced lot of policies to protect the buyers. One of them was not paying the sellers until item is received by the buyer.

I am new to ebay selling. I had put a cellphone for sale. The winning bidder never paid. I got final value credit, but the entire process starting from listing took 2 weeks. I listed it second time and the same thing happened again. I am not a regular seller and I cannot waste my time like this. When I called the buyer and told him he is bound to purchase the item according to ebay policy, he told me to ask ebay in that case.

When buyer bids, he is committing to purchase the item. But there isn't anything to make sure he does pay for the item. Why can't ebay ask user to pay upfront (or atleast some part as advance) during the bid, and refund if bidder did not win, and money of the winning bidder transferred only after buyer gets the item? This will protect both seller's and buyer's interest. It will also stop non-serious bidders from participating in the auction.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Non paying bidders

varghesedavid84
Community Member
Inspite of so many complaints, I still feel paisapay is a better option. Ads4India.net
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

Fake bidders and non-paying buyers are the main reasons why I avoid selling on ebay now.

Ebay blocks their id but they create a new one again.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

Its not worth the time, energy and money to sell on Auctions. This is bad side of selling on eBay, you have to live it. Other than cursing the fake bidders, you can't do anything. If you insist, then keep on wasting your time and insertions fees. X-(
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

This is exactly the same thing happening to me.. I put up a cellphone for auction recently.. and the winning bidder never paid..he never even picked or responded to my calls or messages!! got a final value credit and all..and now I put up the cell for auction once again..and the same thing seems to be happening..the winning bidder has provided a cell phone number which doesn't even exist, and his email id is filtered as well..Ebay should really take steps to permanently block such fake bidders and action should be taken against them.. I really don't know what to do..its so maddening...
Leslin
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

raman.joshi
Community Member
what will happen if after filing unpaid item case the buyer gets annoyed but buys item and afterwards leave negative feedback in retaliation what will be the solution then
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

raman.joshi
Community Member
The best strong solution is:
if bidder does not respond with in four days his bid may be cancelled & he should get unpaid item strike on him immediately & seller should have choice to give opportunity to sell his item to next bidder or relisting his item.
Why ebay has made this issue so complected and time consuming.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Non paying bidders

A buyer bid on 10 of my items & did not pay for even one of them, even after I opened an unpaid item case against him. I closed the case & got a final value fee refund & the buyer got an unpaid item strike (apparently). Just out of curiosity I opened up the buyers account & lo behold he has 100% positive feedback. This is just ridiculous. How can he have 100% positive feedback when he has 10 unpaid item strikes against his account? EBay offers absolutely no protection to sellers! All bidders should be made to pay if they win an auction. Request EBay support to look into this.

Regards,

An aggrieved seller

Message 17 of 17
latest reply